Hunter 37.5 Serious leaks aft cabin 1994 model

Sep 20, 2004
Hunter Legend37.5 Portsmouth, VA
The invasive water is coming down the back wall under the binnacle and quadrant area, running down the laminate causing warping, and seriously damaging the long board providing access to the holding and fuel tanks, requiring replacement. Additionally, the "scuttle" board above the holding tank (holding the start batteries and gear in the starboard inboard lazarette above) has begun to delaminate.

Rick D

Jun 14, 2008
Hunter Legend 40.5 Shoreline Marina Long Beach CA
Do you have a transom shower? If so, disconnect and cap the lines. It may be it. I chased one forever and finally isolated it to that on my 40.5.

Jun 6, 2006
currently boatless wishing Harrington Harbor North, MD
check under the steering gear cover at the helm. You may have wires going through the deck there that are leaking

Dec 29, 2012
Hunter 37 Jacksonville
I had a similar issue. Finally discovered water was coming in around the engine controls panel. There is a space over the headliner and cockpit floor with a slight slope aft.

Dec 31, 2011
Hunter 40.5 Seattle
+1 on the caulking of the wire bundle going from the console into the boat. I had a leak there that wet my charger and totaled it.
+1 also - same problem. That and the transom shower... Had to replace bulkhead. All dry now even with the torrential seattle rains... knocking on wood that it stays so