Hunter 30 Hull number location

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
My cabin hatch is cracked
Bit of a correction here in that what you're looking at is called an opening "hatch" and this one is either made by Lewmar or Bomar.

Don't concern yourself with your HIN as it has nothing to do with the hatch identification. I've replaced all of my 1998 hatch lenses with new glass as DIY projects. If you have access to a hobby woodworking shop, nothing could be easier and will save you a fortune.

I'm leaning towards Bomar because of the matching hinges on my 21" Bomar :

1696879768929.png

.................. and matching interior alum. trim :

1696880099512.jpeg

Check on the underside of the lid to see if you can find an ID such as this :

1696880269868.png

If you can find an ID, start here to hopefully find a replacement lid without the deck attachment flange :

If no ID can be found, you can probably get by with your existing measurements.

May 7, 2012
Hunter e33 Maple Bay, BC
My cabin hatch is cracked and I am trying to find a replacement.
If you do indeed determine that the hatch is a Bomar, the Canadian distributor is located in Kingston, ON. Dave at Marine Outfitters helped me out several years ago when I replaced 3 of my hatches (Dang Simple Green). Prices were very reasonable. A possible alternative is the store on this site (Sailboatowners Hunter Store), although shipping will be très chère. Of course a small workshop and a DIYer could replicate the lens for you but incorporating the gasket properly may be difficult.

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
Of course a small workshop and a DIYer could replicate the lens for you but incorporating the gasket properly may be difficult.
Thanks for that bit of obvious insight. I always pride myself on 20/20 hindsight :facepalm: . I always forget about having acrylic cut by a plexiglass shop (same place you purchase the plexiglass) because I'm so accustomed to doing it myself. However, I don't remember seeing an original gasket under the glass when it was removed from the Bomar aluminum frame. The glass was dropped into position in the cleaned frame, held in position with taped pieces of wood on the underside and then injected with DC795 from the top. That was done back in 2010 and the 795 seams on the two 13" Lewmars and one 21" Bomar still look like brand new today.

AlainC

Mar 17, 2013
Hunter 30 Vancouver BC
Thanks for all your answers. I did get the hull number, (always good to have) and the number for the hatch, indeed it is a Bomar 1000A 0895 is the number. I think I will try to find a replacement cover or try to replace the acrylic. Thanks again.