Hunter 30-2 Fuel Shutoff

Feb 25, 2014
Hunter Hunter 30 Lake Lanier
It's time to replace by Racor and Yanmar fuel filters on my 1992 Hunter 30. Was looking through the manual I have from Hunter. There is no indication of a shut off valve from the diesel tank. I suspect there is one.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thank You

MFD

Jun 23, 2016
Hunter 41DS Seattle
If it does not have one, I would recommend installing one. Not just for the convenience when changing filters but also as an emergency way to shut off the engine.

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 30_88-94 Ipswich, Ma MA
Unless the fuel tank was changed out at some point by a previous owner, you should have a shut off on the tank.
It “should” be right on the top of the tank. It’s not the easiest place to get to under the access panel in the aft starboard locker.

Feb 25, 2014
Hunter Hunter 30 Lake Lanier
Your right about not being convenient. It will give me a chance to look at the fuel guage.

Thanks

Oct 29, 2005
Hunter Marine 326 303 Singapore
I fitted a 3-way valve at the inlet to the Racor filter. Quick and easy way to shut off fuel although I've a fuel cock on the diesel tank, which is not easy to get to. Why 3-way valve? Well the other port would allow me to blow fouled fuel back to the tank or I could draw fuel thru it when polishing.
Swagelok 3-way valve - Common port to Tank, 1 port to Racor another for draw/blow back use. Of course the free port is capped for safety.

Ken Y