Hunter 27, 1984 Bow "Cap"

Mar 20, 2013
Hunter 27 MD
Someone hit is. Hull is fine. The black fiberglass "bow cap" is cracked.

Does anyone make a Hunter replacement cap ? Maybe I'm dreaming. Looks like a lot of people fabricate out of aluminium.

Thanks !

Screenshot 2020-05-15 at 3.51.11 PM.png

Oct 30, 2011
Hunter Cherubini 27 Mason
I also have a 1984 Hunter 27. But my "Bow cap" looks totally different. My Bow cap is all stainless and looks to be original. Maybe the stainless version was a stock upgrade, don't know. I'll get a pic of it over the winter. Try a marine salvage for a replacement. Capt. Jim's Marine salvage in Portland ME. has several from many different boats, I'd bet he's got one for the Hunter 27

May 27, 2004
Hunter 30_74-83 Ponce Inlet FL
The original was made of fiberglass by Hunter Marine. For all intents and purposes that company is no longer in business. The "new" company, Marlow Hunter, has lost or deep sixed the original drawings for such parts. Trying to find a salvaged part would be easiest. Don't limit your search to your year and model . Other models and years used the same part. My H30C being one.
But, failing that, if you can remove the original intact, you could repair it. Or, you can make a mold from it and make a new one. Otherwise, it's an expensive proposition to have one custom made from stainless.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Someone hit it? Do you know who hit it? If so, file a Claim but you would need to get an estimate first. If no insurance, remove it to be repaired and file in small claims court.

Oct 30, 2011
Hunter Cherubini 27 Mason
Got up to the boat this weekend and got a pic of my Bow Cap,
Bow cap.jpg
I think this is what your looking for. It appears to be original equipment. This is on a 1984 Hunter 27

Mar 20, 2013
Hunter 27 MD
Wow that's nice. Ours looks the same - just a fiberglass "cap" vs stainless - one cleat, two guides, etc.

Thanks.

Sep 27, 2008
Hunter 33 salem
The SS one is definitely not original and is very nice. I just made one for my H33 out of fiberglass.
I looked around for one for a long time and came up short so, I made the part.

It was not too difficult. You will need a small person to reach up under the anchor locker to get
access to the hardware.

I made a form out of wood, covered it in wax paper so the FG and resin would not stick to it and
laminated a few layers of chopped strand matting and Polyester resin. After it was cured, I used
a grinder to cut of the excess and sander to smooth it over. Final was a couple of coats of black
gel coat.

Check Boatworkstoday on youtube . he did an episode on making fiberglass parts.
Actually check out everythimg he does on this show. very informative.

• Helpful