Hunter 26 mast raising gin pole storage ?

Aug 5, 2005
- - Laurel, Ms
Hunter 26 ?

Those of you with Hunter 26 where do you store you mast raising gin pole ?
My boat was missing mine so I made one and think I made it the stock length but man its
long.. I can find no where on the boat to store it when not in use...
On my old 23.5 it would fit in the aft birth fine and not be in the way.
Not so on the 26....

I really like to keep it on the boat that way it is always there. I would hate to drive the 2 hour drive to the boat to get it, only to find I forgot the gin pole at home.....
could store it on the trailer, but then its out in the weather.....
?????????
thks
James

Sep 19, 2016
Caliber 33 Sebastian, FL
On the mast the way people store spinnaker poles?:

upload_2019-4-24_9-12-3.png

Or maybe just lashed to a pair of stanchions?

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
I keep mine in the shed.... but I do like the trailer idea. On my Hobie 16, I have a large PVC pipe hose-clamped to the trailer and I keep the boom and main sail in that pipe.

Apr 8, 2013
Hunter 260 Nanaimo
I us a PVC white irrigation pipe . Sealed at one end and a screw cap on the rear. I added a slot so the mast crutch could fit also .
Mounted on the trailer.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
I recommend @MaxinCalgary method. I do not recommend the life line or mast. I would not on the mast as the open ends of the mast raising pole and the stainless steel loops will catch or snag lines or sails. Saw damaged sails and frayed lines doing so on the mast and lifeline

DJN51

Oct 26, 2009
Hunter 23.5 East Chicago In
Did the same as MaxinCalgary,^ drain pipe mounted on trailer ,Store boom,mast raise pipe whisker pole,Save beating up interior cushions.

Attachments

Oct 31, 2012
Hunter 2008 H25 Lake Wabamun
On my H25, it fits nicely on the side of the V birth. I did however upgrade the foam mattress to 6” and slide the pole down the side where it is hidden from view.

Doug J

May 2, 2005
Hunter 26 Oceanside, CA
Hunter 26 ?
Those of you with Hunter 26 where do you store you mast raising gin pole ?
James
James,

Mine is stored on the starboard stanchions. The PO had it that way. It's been working out okay for me, so I have no plans to change it. It's easy to access and stow. Always on board when I need it. Which allowed on one occasion to motor under a bridge and step the mast on the other side.
If you zoom in on this pic you can see how it is secured with stanchion mount pole chocks.

20160822_062109 (1).jpg

Nov 14, 2018
Hunter 260 Vancouver, WA
On our 2004 H260 we store it long side the mast in the Hunter provided clips. We've never had a problem with it interfering with the halyards, sails or anything else. Most of the time I forget it's there.

Sean