Hunter 23.5 factory cooler / alternatives

Nov 12, 2017
Hunter 23.5 Harbor Town: Lake Allatoona
Hi everyone. I'm looking for information on what the original cooler or ice chest that is supposed to be under the port side bench by the galley should be on the H23.5. There is a depression in the floor to keep it in place while heeling over and it is supposed to be high enough that once the cushion is placed back on top, it creates seating area. Brilliant design, but I can't figure out what it is (mine didn't come with it, obviously).

I have a rough dimension from measuring it and it is supposed to be around 13” tall x 18.5 wide x 11 deep. I've seen photos that it used to be a Igloo model, but I can't find where to buy one. I purchased a Yeti Roadie 20 and it can be squeezed into the spot, but the lid ends up being around 1.5" too tall making it uncomfortable to sit there once the seat cushion is placed back on top. It also is impossible to lift the lid once in place.

I've attached a photo of what I'm looking at and proof that someone had a Igloo on theirs (found via google search).

Update: My wife found the model number of the original maybe... Igloo #6776. Is this it???

Attachments

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
If it is the same cooler that they put in the H26, I can look up the model number for you tomorrow evening.

@Crazy Dave Condon ... do you know if they used the same one?

Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 23.5 Calgary, Canada
The H26/H260/H270 definitely do NOT use the same cooler as the H23.5. Those are larger and go against the starboard wall, between the wall and the sink.

Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 23.5 Fort Walton Yacht Club, Florida
I bought a couple of the coolers at an Academy Sporting Goods store. I think the are an Igloo 25.
I'll pull one out and check.

Nov 12, 2017
Hunter 23.5 Harbor Town: Lake Allatoona
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! Looks like a win. We have an Academy Sports close by!

Aug 22, 2017
Hunter 26.5 West Palm Beach
Igloo also makes some "marine grade" soft sided coolers that are not crazy expensive like a yeti. They come in a variety of sizes. I've been happily using them in my 212.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Thank you @Rick Webb. I was going to look it up but you found it. You have no idea how much time I spend helping others to include working on boats for them. I will address others tomorrow when it is raining. Hopefully no more snow. Twice in a week with one a footer