• Mobile App For Android Now Online!

Download it here. The app is searchable in the Google Play Store under Sailboat Owners.

Sorry iPhone/iPad users, we are still waiting on Apple. :(

Click the X in the upper right corner to make this go away

Hunter 216 Furler. What should I buy?

Jul 21, 2021
Hunter 216 Onekama
I bought a 2004 Hunter 216 with many missing parts. I’ve been able to find everything I need except I don’t know which size/type furling kit I need. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new 216!!

I assume you are looking foir a jib furler. If it was my boat, I would obtain competitive / technical quotes from the manufacturers listed in this article (summarized below) and evaluate their features and benefits: How to: Choosing a Furling System - Sail Magazine AND/OR discuss your requirements with a local rigger and obtain an installtion quote. Before I purchased a top down furler for asymmetrical spinnaker I researched the different manufacturer cost / features and benefits then used a rigger/racer to make sure I installed it correctly and join me on a test sail.

Also do a search on this forum on "Hunter 216 jib furler" to see the threads on the same subject like: Using roller furling | Sailboat Owners Forums

CDI sailcdi.com
Facnor facnor.com
Harken Inc. harken.com
Profurl profurl.com
Reckmann reckmann.com
Schaefer Marine schaefermarine.com
Seldén seldenmast.com
Ubi Maior ubimaioritalia.com

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2021
Hunter 216 Onekama
Thanks for that quick reply.

I'm just looking to replace the missing equipment, which is essentially the furling drum and the swivel.

I thought this was standard equipment on the Hunter 216. Am I right about that? If so, then I'm just really asking what the standard furling drum and swivel were. Thanks!

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
check with this site forum store as they are now in the process on another 216 system. Ask for Dave Groshong.
The forum owner was a former hunter employee in the retail parts
@Dave Groshong please help this fellow