Hunter 18.5 trailer modifications

Oct 3, 2012
Hunter 18.5 Ventura
We have a hunter 18.5 trailer that needs some work done to it. Since we are having to bring it in we are wanting to get some modifications done to make launching/retrieving easier since we've heard that's a good idea. I'm looking for suggestions on what specifically we should have done.

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
One thought would be to ask the folks who told you it would be a good idea. And tell us what issues you are having. Wait. That's two thoughts.

Oct 28, 2013
Hunter 20 Lake Monroe
I agree with Kermit on this one, until you actually try to launch your boat you have no idea what problems you are trying to fix. That said, the 18.5 is a neat boat and unless someone has screwed with the trailer or changed trailers it is a easy boat to launch, unless your ramp is extremely shallow or there is no water.
In my opinions sailboats are a bit more difficult to launch that say a john boat or a bass boat, but your 18.5 should be about as easy as they come assuming the ramp is not too flat and you have water.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
photo please of the boat and trailer with one sideways and from the rear to refresh my memory. Then send me a private message when you have posted them here later this week. I am sick.

Oct 28, 2013
Hunter 20 Lake Monroe
You ok Dave? Hopefully it's not the flu as its been a rough one this year.

Sam

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Virus but was restoring an indoor pool for a good friend of mine at a time when I was fiberglassing, applying gel coat, laying 2000E interprotect and so forth as the fumes did not help the old throat or gizzard of mine. Bout finished but taking the week off for sure to get back to my old snarly self. Thanks for your concern.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
One thought would be to ask the folks who told you it would be a good idea. And tell us what issues you are having. Wait. That's two thoughts.[/QUOTE]

Delete the period after "idea".

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
@IBsailor
I got the first load of the 18.5 when it came out. the general complaint I had was of course the wing keels hanging up I think on the keel guides. Please send me a photo of your trailer specifically with boat on trailer from the side (rear) and the back so I can refresh my memory and comment. Thank you.

Flynhi4u, roger that and taking the full week off before finishing pool. Like working on a sailboat hull again.