Download it here. The app is searchable in the Google Play Store under Sailboat Owners.
Sorry iPhone/iPad users, we are still waiting on Apple. :(Click the X in the upper right corner to make this go away
You may want to check here as wellI do not know how to sail my marina needs to inspect my boat and they have requested a detailed step by step of how to start her up. Any assistance would be appreciated
Thank you for your help I really appreciate itYikes! How did you get a boat you don’t know how to sail or start?
I don’t have an Ericson, and you don’t mention what sort of motor your boat has...but here are a few general tips:
1) assuming an inboard engine, check for and open a cooling water thru-hull. Follow a hose from the engine-mounted water pump to try and find the thru-hull.
2) check batteries to see if they are charged up. You may need to turn the battery switch on.
3) Check the engine oil level, and cooling water or AF if the boat has a heat exchanger.
4) Check for fuel. Make sure fuel shut off valve is open (normally would be).
5) if the engine control panel (usually mounted in the cockpit) has a setting for glow plugs, you should warm those first. Then give the engine a little throttle, and press the start button. There should be a tone when the key is turned on, before the engine starts.
a Diesel engine needs 3 things to run...fuel, air and compression.
Oh yeah, you might want to know how to STOP the engine too....
Most Diesel engines will have an engine stop lever somewhere near the control panel. You pull he lever out to shut off the fuel supply to the engine, which will starve it for fuel and kill the engine.
Not sure if this is helpful...you may just need to tell the Marina you don’t know anything about the boat,and that they probably can figure it out.
Not what year engine, - what kind (manufacturer and size)?It’s an inboard engine 1977 and yes apparently the harbor master does not know how to start it