How To Post Photos & Effective Use of Links

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 21, 2004
Hunter 31_83-87 Milwaukee South Shore Yacht Club
Great Explanation

Thanks but I still could not get a photo to Upload from my computer. I use IrfanView. I shrank it to 426x280 pixels, 19.8 kb size, and 72 ppi resolution. I still get the "errors on upload" message. Maybe the Forum rejects photos from non-Babes.

Rip :)

Feb 6, 1998
Canadian Sailcraft 36T Casco Bay, ME
It's can be a bugger!

Thanks but I still could not get a photo to Upload from my computer. I use IrfanView. I shrank it to 426x280 pixels, 19.8 kb size, and 72 ppi resolution. I still get the "errors on upload" message. Maybe the Forum rejects photos from non-Babes.

Rip :)
As I mentioned the vBulletin upload tool is a bugger not just here but on many other sites too.

Use a photo hosting site and the
icon.

My personal preference is PBase. Yes, it's 23.00 per year but SOOOOOO worth it! It is very professional looking and you get tons of space for your $23.00. It's also super easy to link to and it let's you choose sizes. You also DO NOT have to re-size your images to upload to PBase.

Our PBase Gallery (LINK)
PBase Small:

PBase Medium:

PBase Large:

May 26, 2004
Macgregor Venture 25 Trailer Sailor
How about movies?

Is there a place for movies? Before the switch I was trying and Phil said to wait, he indicated it would be possible with the new layout.

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
Is there a place for movies? Before the switch I was trying and Phil said to wait, he indicated it would be possible with the new layout.
You can link a movie from YouTube. Instruction are Here. Look for post #23 from Maine Sail.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 46 Georgetown YB
Maine Sail:

Thanks for that recommendation. I downloaded the P3 Beta Version to my windows based laptop the other day and have found it to be excellent. My girlfriend is an art director who uses the latest & greatest Photoshop amongst other programs. She was very impressed at the ease with which Picasa works. Even more so at the results. (This from a girl who absolutely hated giving up her t-square, ruler & all the other manual tools of her trade!)

Offhand - do you know if it is compatible with a Mac running OS-10?

Regards.

Feb 6, 1998
Canadian Sailcraft 36T Casco Bay, ME
Unfortunately!!

No Picasa is NOT compatible with Macs..:cry::cry:

This, among many other issues, is the reason I will NOT be buying a Mac again!!!!!

Jim

May 21, 2007
Catalina 36 MK II NJ
This site stinks now

and it is not worth the effort!

Just my opinion...:cry:

Dec 8, 2007
Irwin 41 CC Ketch LaConner WA
No Picasa is NOT compatible with Macs..:cry::cry:

This, among many other issues, is the reason I will NOT be buying a Mac again!!!!!

Main PM me with thoes "other issues" I was contemplating going Mac next time as Im tired of Windows issues/crashes/lockups.

Everyone always seems to brag on their Macs...now Im really :confused:

Of course I tried your Picasa and deleted it after a week...so what do you know.....Just Kidding :D :D

I really liked its automatic filling system..but its image enhancement sucked.

I use Photo Impact Pro I really like it a lot better..sorry

May 26, 2004
Macgregor Venture 25 Trailer Sailor
Bilbo: At first I thought your beautiful springer was at the helm. We have sailed with our springers for about 11 years now. Our first two would sing with happiness when the moon would come up on a summer night. And our first man-over-board drill was actually a dog recovery operation. Thankfully there was very little freeboard on our V21.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.