How far do you trailer?

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
up hill both ways.
At least it wasn't in the snow with nothing but a lunch of a whole baked potato in your pocket to keep your hands warm, like my parents had to do walking to school uphill. No potato on the return trek. o_O

-Will (Dragonfly)

Aug 22, 2017
Hunter 26.5 West Palm Beach
I would be a lot more concerned about hitting hard reef bottoms! We bounce off some muddy sand and it doesn't cause very much concern. I'm just talking out of my hat anyway. Retirement this winter isn't likely and it would take some pretty slick talking to get my step son involved with his truck (I'd have to get this idea past his mother!) … he's just starting out and doesn't have a lot of flexible time. He wouldn't hesitate if he could swing it, though!
The Bahamian waters are usually plenty clear to see bumps in the shallow waters of the bank.. If you are sailing an unfamiliar part of the bank, post a lookout on the bow & you should have plenty of warning before you get close to a reef.

If you really want to sail down here, you will figure out a way to make it happen. If you find yourself in the area & you want to go for a day sail sometime, get in touch.