Holding Tank replacement in 1990 Vision 32

Thad

Mar 28, 2017
Hunter 32 Vision San Diego CA
Recently discovered my holding tank is leaking in my 1990 Hunter Vision 32. I believe it is a 12 gallon tank placed under the shower seat and inaccessible. I am looking for advice about replacement. How do I get to it? What to replace it with? Etc...

Rick D

Jun 14, 2008
Hunter Legend 40.5 Shoreline Marina Long Beach CA
My 90 was under the swim step. So, no help here. Check the archives. As I recall for those with it under the shower seat, some fiberglass cutting was in order. Once you figure that out, Ronco should have something to fit. Good luck and keep this thread open for a while. There are not a lot of Visions out there.

Thad

Mar 28, 2017
Hunter 32 Vision San Diego CA
Thanks Rick. Ill check Ronco for a replacement tank. Sounds like a chore to replace. Wish I knew the dimensions of the tank before cutting into the seat. I am wondering if I can remove the tank from the map station side rather than cutting into the shower seat. Ill keep poking around for answers.

Aug 21, 2019
Hunter Vision 32 Shilshole Bay Marina
Hey Thad, were you ever able to find the dimensions on the holding tank? That project is on my ever-expanding list now, too!

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
The previous location and dimensions of the existing tank aren't nearly as important as finding the best location and size for a new tank. Ronco Plastics Ronco Plastics marine Tanks has more than 400 shapes and sizes, over 100 of which are non-rectangular, and they install fittings in the sizes and locations specified by the customer when they make the tank. And they sell direct.

--Peggie

Aug 21, 2019
No doubt, Peggie, and my first call when I have decided placement and volume of a new plastic holding tank will be to Ronco, based not only on your recommendation, but also on the many positive reviews I’ve found elsewhere on this forum and others. The fact remains, however, that I would like to remove the original aluminum tank currently glassed in under my shower seat, and having a drawing with the factory dimensions would be very useful in that endeavor before I fire up the Dremel. Hence my shout-out to Thad. Thank you for your input!

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
Tank glassed into an inaccessible space...<sigh>... How would owners even be able to replace hoses???

I dunno if this is any help, but it would be typical of production builders to have the tank made to match the inside dimensions of the shower seat...that the tank and anything else not a part of the mold would be set in place and the molded vanity, shower seat etc set down over 'em.

--Peggie

Aug 21, 2019
Luckily the hose fittings for the tank are exposed under the sink, so it's easy to access/service the hoses. But the tank is original, made of aluminum, and since I can see urine scaling around one of said fittings, I worry about other leaks that I *can't* see because they're behind the fiberglass. So for peace of mind, and because I can't get the disturbing image of a colander out of my head, the thing needs to come out. There's an article in the owner mods section that shows pictures of this job, but not the dimensions of the cut. I suppose I could eyeball it from these pictures, but I was hoping to remove a little of the guesswork. I seem to remember coming across a schematic of the tank with the Hunter logo on it and everything, but I'll be darned if I can find it now. I should've downloaded it when I had the chance! In the meantime, I'll keep poking around to see if other spaces can accommodate a fancy new Ronco tank.