Holding tank for '81 S2 9.2C

Jul 6, 2013
S-2 9.2 30' Superior,Wi
I completely agree, although I just installed it. Hope water softens some here in next month,as we are ready to put our newest boat to work. How did you vent head? Mine(natures head) vents thru the former pump out port. Another post on another forum used a mushroom style with screw down lid for water intrusion control. Thinking about doing the same when next I am at the boat(250 miles away). Any ideas are welcome, thanks, Bob

Apr 27, 2011
S2 9.2A Newport News, VA
I completely agree, although I just installed it. Hope water softens some here in next month,as we are ready to put our newest boat to work. How did you vent head? Mine(natures head) vents thru the former pump out port. Another post on another forum used a mushroom style with screw down lid for water intrusion control. Thinking about doing the same when next I am at the boat(250 miles away). Any ideas are welcome, thanks, Bob
The C-Head instructions say to try it unvented, which I've done. The head itself has a solar vent, which has been closed all winter. Either with the fan running or closed, I don't seem to have issues with odor or bugs. Now, if it starts seeing a lot more use, that may change, but so far, I've never even had to change the peat after half a dozen "serious" uses! I keep paper products out of it, but that's a good idea anyway.

John

Jul 6, 2013
S-2 9.2 30' Superior,Wi
Yup, I have been told that paper really uses up space, but was told on another forum that they thought paper actually helped with drying process, soaking moisture up. Don't know which is better. We have another couple crewing this spring and summer, and will be sure no paper with 4 of us on board, but when the German and I head south alone, think we may try with paper to see how that goes. As with most things, trial and much error, it seems.

Nov 10, 2018
S2 9.2a Marblehead, Massachusetts
I know this is a super old thread but it is time for me to replace the bladder holding tank in my boat. Woody if you are still around can you advise as to where you got that 20 gallon tank? It is sitting in your boat right where I want mine (the same place the bladder lives right now...).
it all depends on your useage i would think....i have put a 20 gallon tank in my 9.2 A.....not much space to do it......i havent been on a 9.2 C so i cant tell you about that.....i am putting the pump in another space under the settee....

regards

woody

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Scot
Ronco Plastics
Read any of the plumbing posts that discuss replacement of holding tanks, and @Peggie Hall HeadMistress will share from her vast experience in the field that Ronco has a tank for every boat. Great pricing and a product that will last.

Not sure where the @woodster is now. Been a while since he shared his knowledge here. (11 October 2021). He has been missed.

Nov 10, 2018
Scot
Ronco Plastics
Read any of the plumbing posts that discuss replacement of holding tanks, and @Peggie Hall HeadMistress will share from her vast experience in the field that Ronco has a tank for every boat. Great pricing and a product that will last.

Not sure where the @woodster is now. Been a while since he shared his knowledge here. (11 October 2021). He has been missed.
I saw that @woodster "liked" somebody's posts in February but no sign of him posting....thanks for the info.

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
(If y'all are gonna post links, post one that actually takes folks where they need to be!)

Ronco Plastics Ronco Plastics marine Tanks is your best source for a tank. They make TOP quality thick-walled water and waste tanks for a very reasonable price and have more than 400 shapes and sizes, over 100 of which are non-rectangular, and they install fittings in the sizes and locations specified by the customer when they make the tank. There are retailers who sell Ronco tanks, but Ronco sells direct for a much lower price...and they're great to work with.

When looking at drawings it's important to know that there is no top or bottom until the fittings go in, and YOU decide where they go. So rotate, flip in any orientation to find the tank that fit your space.

--Peggie

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2018
Ronco Plastics Ronco Plastics marine Tanks is your best source for a tank. They make TOP quality thick-walled water and waste tanks for a very reasonable price and have more than 400 shapes and sizes, over 100 of which are non-rectangular, and they install fittings in the sizes and locations specified by the customer when they make the tank. There are retailers who sell Ronco tanks, but Ronco sells direct for a much lower price...and they're great to work with.

When looking at drawings it's important to know that there is no top or bottom until the fittings go in, and YOU decide where they go. So rotate, flip in any orientation to find the tank that fit your space.

--Peggie
Thanks! I had been investigating composting but think i will stay with my Raritan for now.

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
If your toilet is a PHII, and hasn't had a rebuild kit in at least 5 years, it's time for one. If it was mfr'd before 6/92, PHIIRK is the correct kit for it. If mfr'd AFTER 6/92, PHIIRKC is the correct kit...and it matters whether you get the right one 'cuz there are a few parts in 'em that aren't interchangeable.

--Peggie

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Thank you @Peggie Hall HeadMistress for having the shortcut link to the Ronco Plastics parts. I observed the Marine Catalog provided on the Corporate site.

Looking at the Raritan site, I see they are listing a "UNIVERSAL REPAIR KIT FOR PH/PHII, PH SUPERFLUSH AND PH POWERFLUSH"

When I search for the individual kits (Pre-6/92 vs Post 6/92) the site states page is no longer available. Does this mean they have combined the parts into a single kit?

Is there a way (with out dissaembly) to identify the pre-6/92 units?

Nov 10, 2018
If your toilet is a PHII, and hasn't had a rebuild kit in at least 5 years, it's time for one. If it was mfr'd before 6/92, PHIIRK is the correct kit for it. If mfr'd AFTER 6/92, PHIIRKC is the correct kit...and it matters whether you get the right one 'cuz there are a few parts in 'em that aren't interchangeable.

--Peggie
My toilet was new 2 years ago

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
Looking at the Raritan site, I see they are listing a "UNIVERSAL REPAIR KIT FOR PH/PHII, PH SUPERFLUSH AND PH POWERFLUSH"
UNIVERSAL REPAIR KIT FOR PH/PHII, PH SUPERFLUSH AND PH POWERFLUSH | Raritan Engineering
The "Universal" kits are all for post-'92 builds. They call it a "universal" kit for people who don't realize that all those toilets use the same PHII pump.

You can gtet the PHIIRKC kit from a variety of sources including Amazon...between $65-70 from everyone except West Marine, who wants $80+ for it!

--Peggie

Sep 15, 2009
S2 9.2a Fairhope Al
I know this is a super old thread but it is time for me to replace the bladder holding tank in my boat. Woody if you are still around can you advise as to where you got that 20 gallon tank? It is sitting in your boat right where I want mine (the same place the bladder lives right now...).
Not sure if this is still needed info … I got the tank at Don’s salvage new no holes in Clearwater Fl for 20 bucks ….bought two inch and one bulkhead fittings with buna gaskets for in and out ports along with Three quarter inch one for the vent…also a Beckson round port for a clean out ….ended up with about $70. Dollars in it hope this helps
Regards
Woody