Help me... I don't have time to search, and I have some questions !!!!

Mar 20, 2015
C&C 30 Mk1 Winnipeg
Can you please tell me why "My boat don't float. Whasup ?"
Have you tried putting it in fluid of some type ? Water is the most traditional fluid used.

If you have it in fluid, and it won't float, then it likely needs Holistic Therapy. I think that is what they call it.
Admittedly I may have been distracted when I was taking my Boating class so might be wrong.

Do you enjoy math? Here is a link about how floating was invented.

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
Do you enjoy math? Here is a link about how floating was invented.
Don't believe in these fershlushinger academic jawin' sessions. Next thing ya know, somebody's sayin' the earth ain't flat en that's just a conspircee. Khan Academy ? I'm bettin' his brother was that there Ghengis.

I'm secure under my rock here so let's jes leave well 'nuff alone.

Mind you, this don' mean ah don't like to think about deep thins like:

- Why are there locks on the front doors at 7 Eleven when they're open 24/7 ?
- Why do you park on a driveway and drive on a parkway ?
- Why are they called apartments when they're all jammed together ?

'Nuther conspircee if ya ask me.

That's a big "over and out."

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
It was like an old time movie script..
I laughed, I cried, it moved me....
What else to do on a Sunday while the epoxy is curing and dinner is in the oven? :biggrin:
Then I read this and I was reminded of a Sunday bible session...
"Idle hands are the devil’s workshop!"
Perhaps Brian D is right... React on first impressions... then deal with the aftermath..

You had me snorting in my coffee.... :laugh:

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
I think I knew that guy.. I saw him on his new catamaran smoking a cigarette, calmly putting gasoline into the deck filer marked "gasoline" .. That filller was not connected to anything except the bilge! How that didn't explode into flames is a mystery to me. That old adage that The Lord looks after fools and drunks applied to this guy on two counts. Hazmat folks pumped 5 gallons of gasoline out of the bilge.

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Man this blew right by me. There are some really terrible questions/posts that I, in my earlier years, would have raked them over the coals but I guess I have come to realize that stupid people should be treated with respect also,

You really don't want to be a member of "The Hull Truth". That is a forum for power boats and after a few weeks I had to cancel my account. I was starting to lose faith in humanity.:facepalm:

Mar 20, 2015
C&C 30 Mk1 Winnipeg
You really don't want to be a member of "The Hull Truth".
I don't know. I do enjoy fail videos, or similar. Sometimes that stuff can be entertaining if you aren't directly involved. I shall have to spend some time lurking there this winter.

• Ha
Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
Is it possible that some folks completely missed the quality of the humour?
More like satire aimed at some really drug induced questions posted over the last few months. I think @Leeward Rail managed to capture the essence of pretty much all of them for 2022. Yes, I firmly believe some people are adversely affected by the smell of the sea which causes their brains to atrophy.

Me ? I'm more restrained and would never post anything like that :poop::poop::poop: .

Dec 28, 2015
Laser, Hunter H30 Cherubini Tacoma
Fun fact. A lit cigarette isn't enough to set off gasoline fumes.
A lit cigarette is around 1200f ( Google search). The autoignition temp of gasoline is less than 1500f. It goes down from there with ethanol percentages. Auto ignition temp is also the temp needed for an external ignition source. I wouldn’t be hanging my hat on 100 degrees or so.

Mar 20, 2015
C&C 30 Mk1 Winnipeg
@justsomeguy. @MikeHoncho

Mythbuster tested that. They deemed it partly plausible.

The cigarette might ignite the fuel when actively being smoked, when it was at it's higher temp.,but was very improbable. Just holding a cigarette without actively taking a puff creates a lower temp which won't ignite gasoline.

Edit: "A cigarette has the potential to light a pool of gasoline but just doesn't have enough sustained heat. Gas ignites between 500 °F (260 °C) and 540 °F (280 °C), the cigarette at its hottest was between 450 °F (230 °C) and 500 °F but only when it was actually being smoked. An ignition is very improbable."

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
go to the 4:00 min. mark in this video.

I've done this to burn wasp nest. Tremendous fun.