Help Identifying model

apell

Aug 28, 2018
O'Day 12 Kingston
Hello all
I am trying to identify an O'Day I came across.

H.I.N is XDYL0386 (or b) 1172.

The list I came across lets me know it was made in Nov. 72, but there is no "L" model listed.

Can anybody assist? It also as a cut out in the transom, that looks stock, to accommodate a swim ladder.

Thank you.
A

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Catalina 30 Mk II Barnegat, NJ
The cutout in the transom is most likely for an outboard, not a ladder.
The photos show damage to the gelcoat in front of the trailer axel. Is the underlaying fiberglass also damaged?
The boat sitting on a power boat trailer. Sailboat trailers should have long bunks to spread the weight over the hull. With the rollers putting all the weight in one area they will push in the hull. The indentations may pop out but then, they may not.
The trailer looks to be pretty rough.
You'll want to see photos of the other side of the boat.

Sorry I can't help with identifying what it is.

He should pay you to take it away.

apell

Aug 28, 2018
O'Day 12 Kingston
The cutout in the transom is most likely for an outboard, not a ladder.
The photos show damage to the gelcoat in front of the trailer axel. Is the underlaying fiberglass also damaged?
The boat sitting on a power boat trailer. Sailboat trailers should have long bunks to spread the weight over the hull. With the rollers putting all the weight in one area they will push in the hull. The indentations may pop out but then, they may not.
The trailer looks to be pretty rough.
You'll want to see photos of the other side of the boat.

Sorry I can't help with identifying what it is.

He should pay you to take it away.
That's what I'm thinking I didn't know about trailer situatio . I'll pass. It just came up on a search for a Mariner.
I appreciate the.assistance.

I think it's a misnumbered 23..
Again..thx

dmax

Jul 29, 2018
O'Day 35 Buzzards Bay
Looks like an O'Day 20 - how long is it?

dmax

Jul 29, 2018
O'Day 35 Buzzards Bay
Yes it does - thought somebody might have add that front one.

apell

Aug 28, 2018
O'Day 12 Kingston
Yes it does - thought somebody might have add that front one.
Right, the little window in front threw me. But, there's no model associated with the letter "L" either...maybe it's a one-off..
I should just bite the bullet and take a drive..
A

Sep 24, 2021
Beneteau 35s5 Telegraph hrbr Thetis Island
Extremely unlikely to be a 'one off' - 85 of the 26s were made - the photo in the link below doesnt show the transom outboard cutout (but an inboard version was available)..

apell

Aug 28, 2018
O'Day 12 Kingston
Extremely unlikely to be a 'one off' - 85 of the 26s were made - the photo in the link below doesnt show the transom outboard cutout (but an inboard version was available)..
Hmmm. I'll go check it out in a few dsts and see if I can get more info..
Back soon.

apell

Aug 28, 2018
O'Day 12 Kingston
Exactly...I'm new to this site, but it was my perusal of the model list with identifying letter which prompted my query. And the little window in the fore part of the cabin.
I was hoping to check it out in person tomorrow, Thursday, but the seller didn't get back to me regarding his address. Maybe it's moot...but an interesting quandary.

apell

Aug 28, 2018
O'Day 12 Kingston
that is a 6 (six) the letter B would be capitalized...
Yes, my thought, too.
I'm heading over this morning with camera and tape measure. Hope to find out more. ( it may just be a mystery to be solved at this point rather than a purchase. The trailer is a mess.)
Stay tuned.