Hello to the community

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
Hello right back at you @RSHunter27 .

How about describing some of the boat related trials and tribulations you've faced, and hopefully overcome over the years ? That always gets everybody here jumping up and down :laugh: . Any pictures of the lake you're on ?

I always envy you lake sailors. At the end of a long hot day you just jump into the water and emerge as if you've just had a shower. Here on the left coast of Canada, we jump in and come out covered in salt. And then have a shower and feel like we just had a shower. Oh yeah, that's right, we just had a shower :facepalm:. Every and every sailing location has it's own special charms.

Keep in touch :D .

Feb 16, 2023
Hunter 27 cherubini 832 Lake Travis
Hello right back at you @RSHunter27 .

How about describing some of the boat related trials and tribulations you've faced, and hopefully overcome over the years ? That always gets everybody here jumping up and down :laugh: . Any pictures of the lake you're on ?

I always envy you lake sailors. At the end of a long hot day you just jump into the water and emerge as if you've just had a shower. Here on the left coast of Canada, we jump in and come out covered in salt. And then have a shower and feel like we just had a shower. Oh yeah, that's right, we just had a shower :facepalm:. Every and every sailing location has it's own special charms.

Keep in touch :D .

• Ha
Feb 16, 2023
Well I've learned some of the ins and outs of yacht club life on a lake over the last few months. My sailing experience prior to owning this boat was all blue water. I was set to buy a 33 Cheoy Lee moored at Fort Myers Beach this November past, but hurricane Ian took that choice away from us. I was visiting my son and remodeling my ex wife's house last year when this boat came to my attention. So as much as my heart is set on Blue water sailing and logging many adventures, this is where I am at this moment in time. I was going to share a tale of woe in the Gulf of Mexico 7 years ago, but, since you mentioned the lake-liife, I decided that I would share how I became landlocked. The Gulf debacle? ...that will have to wait for another session. I'm sure we'll have lots of time to regale one another with our tales of experiences, dreams and aspirations.

Feb 16, 2023
Part of my current project updating her look, Resurfacing the non skid surfaces.
20230211_112313.jpg

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
Lake Travis is a pretty popular sailing lake. Years ago it was rated one of top 10 in country by Sailing Mag (lakes that is) My cousin lived in Point Venture for many years, keeping an 18 foot bowrider powerboat in the marina. I never had a chance to sail there, but spent a lot of time jammin' around this huge lake, hitting the marina bars and going up river to find some secluded fishing spots. When the lake gets real low every few years they have huge parties of folks going out to clean and salvage. It is a big event apparently. I came real close to building a house in Point Venture (in the 90's you could buy a lakeview lot for $15k!.)...... but......even though Austin is perhaps the hippest place in Texas, it's too freakin hot in the summer and too far from the ocean.

Feb 16, 2023
.Yes that's why I'm still looking for my blue water boat. The Lakes going down pretty low here. I likely won't be staying on my boat by summer. But I'll be heading to Florida soon I got a couple boats to look at there. Cheers⛵

May 27, 2004
Hunter 30_74-83 Ponce Inlet FL
There is a newish (to me) Hunter 32 with dinghy and other upgrades
available here in New Smyrna Beach, FL.
Let me know if you want details.
GH.

Feb 16, 2023
Sure I'll always take a look. Though I believe at this point that I would want to look at something more towards 40 ft but but yes Size Doesn't Matter when you fall in love

Feb 16, 2023
So as I have mentioned I'm updating and giving my H27C a facelift. I've noticed that so many do a good job on their teak, do a good job on their decks, do a good job on their non-skid areas, but don't seem to do much with their exterior port windows and cabin exteriors. Well in my quest to do something different, which is typically my style, I kind of stumbled into it. I happen to be looking at replacement of my 1980s Gray Enterprises lackluster, aging at least as poorly as me, dull, drab and beige on the inside and a white ish dried out no definition look on the outside... there had to be something to "kick it up a notch" as Emeril Lagasse would say. Well, I intend to kick my exterior up notches never seen before. But I looked online at all the boats similar to mine in a similar situation and saw that they all seem to remain with that same unaddressed issue. Well I've been here before. Trying to find a muse or at least someone that has made an effort that I could at least use for a starting point. No such luck. I decide there's only one answer and that's to replace them, all eight of them. I've never done that before, but I'm not scared. I could do it. But I don't want to. I don't have a leakage problem. I certainly don't want to start one, not that I would. But I just saw the mess I was going to make in my interior from the front of my cabin to the back. I'm living aboard so trashing what I've just fixed up nicely is just not in the cards at all. Not even remotely. So how can I magically create the illusion of new port windows with some color contrast? Well, I had been looking at replacing them with black framed Port windows and something came to my mind when I realized that I could buy the trim rings separately. With no delay I ordered eight of the black trim rings. Now I haven't affixed them permanently yet because I'm going to be working on the exterior cabin before I put them on but I did lay them up and I'll just post a picture of it here so you get the idea of what I'm trying to accomplish. At least I feel like I have a starting point for that part of the project.
=full]213122[/ATTACH]

Attachments

Last edited: