Head waste water inlet valve on 326

Jun 6, 2020
Hunter 326 Hasting, Westernport Bay
Hey guys, new Aussie owner on 2003 Hunter 326. Cannot find this valve! Manual indicates that it's below the Nav table end of the battery compartment but I can't see it! Surely I don't have to remove a battery to get access! Help needed

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
I"m pretty sure you're referring to the FLUSH water inlet thru-hull/seacock. Have you tried to trace the inlet hose backward from the toilet?
It's almost a certainty that the toilet on 17 yr old boat has been replaced at least once, and highly possible that a PO made some modifications to the system. So I have a couple of questions for you: 1. Is the toilet a manual toilet or an electric toilet? 2. Can it bring in flush water now?
3. If so, is it sea water or fresh water? 4. Do you know the make/model/age of the toilet?

--Peggie

Jun 6, 2020
Hi Peggie - thanks for the response! I am absolutely (I think) sure that it's all original, knowing the previous owners. It's a manual flush and operating the pump in the wet position just builds up a suction - no water. I assume the seacock is closed but I can't find it. The hose at the toilet end disappears under the floor at the base of the toilet. I am just after confirmation as to the placement of the seacock. Is it under the battery compartment? Thanks again

Jun 6, 2020
More on this toilet - I notice the Hunter manual refers to a "valve" at the inlet and not a "seacock" which is the term used for all the other below waterline entries. Either way, the bowl does not fill when pumped in the wet position!

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
I agree that you definitely to find the other end of the flush water inlet line...and tracing it from the toilet is about the only way to do that. Does the Hunter manual include a schematic showing the locations of the seacocks/valve? If not, you may have to figure out how to create access to view the route. There are a bunch of Hunter specific forums here...You might have better luck in getting a response from other Hunter owners who have the same boat if you post your question in one of them.

However, finding that "valve" may not solve your problem...it's highly possible that the problem is in the toilet--that the wet/dry lever isn't moving the cam to the wet position. It would helpful to know the make/model. If you can't ID it, I can if you'll post a photo that shows a good view of the PUMP (all toilet bowls look alike). So get back to me if you still can't bring in flush after you've found the valve and get it open.

--Peggie

Jul 21, 2016
Hunter 326 Buffalo
Did you find it. On my 326 it is under the second floor board from the engine. Lift that and reach under towards the head. When i go down to the boat I will try to take a picture. (adding where it is on my boat):
1594141070488.png

Last edited:
Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
That's a looooong flush water inlet line! You can reduce it to less than 2' by rerouting it to tee into the head sink drain line.

--Peggie

Jul 21, 2016
Hunter 326 Buffalo
That's a looooong flush water inlet line! You can reduce it to less than 2' by rerouting it to tee into the head sink drain line.

--Peggie
On my 326 its only ~2 feet or less away. My intake valve is in the blue circle area. Pretty sure that is where Stuendan should look.

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
So THAT's why you labelled it "look here!" So what's that long black line that has a vented loop in it that runs from the toilet all the way to #2, which--if I read the list correctly--is the toilet intake thru=hull? And what's connected to the other end of what appears to be corrugated hose that seems to go through the toilet seat? :)

--Peggie

Jul 21, 2016
Hunter 326 Buffalo
So THAT's why you labelled it "look here!" So what's that long black line that has a vented loop in it that runs from the toilet all the way to #2, which--if I read the list correctly--is the toilet intake thru=hull? And what's connected to the other end of what appears to be corrugated hose that seems to go through the toilet seat? :)

--Peggie
Yea, the schematics are definitely wrong in the manual. I have spend time over the years figuring out all the plumbing, still working on the electrical systems, that do not match up. Some even on the other side of the boat from what the drawings show. Oh well, thats what makes if interesting and why this site is so helpful.

To answer your questions.
The black line and #2 is what they show for the intake, but its's not what was done..
The corrugated hose that seems to go through the toilet seat goes to the holding tank.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
You only get TWO hoses, mate: Pump Intake and bowl output. Trace the one from the toilet pump back. Tha's the one you should plumb to the sink drain. I took Peggy's advice on the years ago and it has been a great help.

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
Take another look at sailingmyers posts, Ron...you'll see that his toilet intake thru-hull may already be only a couple of feet from the toilet.

--Peggie

Jun 6, 2020
Hi Ron, your input was amazing, that explains my frustration! - thanks heaps! Unfortunately our area (Melbourne Australia) has just gone back into full lockdown after a blow out in Covid-19 cases, so it may be a while before I can check it out! Cheers from down under!

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
Take another look at sailingmyers posts, Ron...you'll see that his toilet intake thru-hull may already be only a couple of feet from the toilet. --Peggie
I'm aware of that. I am also aware that often schematics are "simplified" to make them easy to follow- especially electrics.

Jul 21, 2016
Hunter 326 Buffalo
Oh damn - sorry Sailingmyers, the thankyou was meant for you!
It's all good. I would be interested to find out what you do find once you can get back. Stay Safe. Feel free to reach out for other questions.

Jun 6, 2020
Thanks again sailingmyers - we are actually allowed to go boating so that's cool (at the same time, they say stay close to home, which is a relative term I suppose - my "close" is 80 mins from my residence.)

Oct 29, 2005
Hunter Marine 326 303 Singapore
On my 2002 h326 the water intake seacock for the head is below the floor board between rear berth and Toilet/head. Lift up the first floor board in front of engine cover and put your hand under to port side. Try it.

Ken Y

RoyS

Jun 3, 2012
Hunter 33 Steamboat Wharf, Hull, MA
Line is blocked or seacock is closed. You are on the right track. Last time that happened to me I had just removed the intake screens on the thru-hulls. Inhaled a jellyfish and had the same symptoms that you describe. You can reverse flush the hose with an inflatable dinghy pump or a dock hose for a temporary repair that takes minutes. Next time you haul out suggest you make sure you have a screen on all intake thru-hulls.