Head Happiness

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Those pics that I promised of the aft cabin head discharge hose here.

DSC02050.JPG

DSC02051.JPG

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
The flush water intake line looks like fresh water hose. If that's what it is, it's not rated for below-waterline connections and should be replaced with sanitation hose. Shields or Trident #148 is acceptable for flush water intake.

--Peggie

Dec 25, 2000
The flush water intake line looks like fresh water hose. If that's what it is, it's not rated for below-waterline connections and should be replaced with sanitation hose. Shields or Trident #148 is acceptable for flush water intake.

--Peggie
Hi Peggie, Defender states that Raritan Saniflex hose is suitable for toilet discharge, which is the product displayed.

This is the product that I installed shown in the picture that is used for our toilet discharge line to the tank.

Used double clamps as the hose is below the waterline. Nice product to work with and high quality. As I recall, this is one of your product recommendations from a prior thread post.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Terry... What about the hose that is further back in the image. It looks like a PVC or Vinyl hose with red and blue thread.

Is that the hose providing input water to the toilet bowl? Is it connected to a thru hull source of raw water? That appears to be the one Peggie is questioning.

The SaniFlex is great hose and designed to make the loop you did on discharge from your toilet bowl.

Dec 25, 2000
Terry... What about the hose that is further back in the image. It looks like a PVC or Vinyl hose with red and blue thread.

Hi John, that short hose mostly above the waterline, maybe fifteen inches long, connects the electric toilet pump at the base to the bowl rim. The black double wall reinforced sea water intake hose, not shown, connects from the through hull to the intake side of the macerator pump sea water flush side. The hose you refer connects to the output side of the pump and delivers it to the bowl rim during the flushing cycle.

Dec 25, 2000
The OP referred to head happiness as it relates to the toilet discharge hose replacement and the higher loop, which resulted in some sea water remaining in the bowl ready for the next use. The sanitation hose in question made for an improved discharge hose than the original clogged hose and serves as a quality replacement. Whether the other hose is an issue is a matter for future consideration. Thank you for your input, Peggie.

Dec 25, 2000
Another minor correction. In the first image that I posted of the toilet hoses, there are three shown. Closest is the new toilet discharge hose that I recently installed and it works great. Behind it is the short hose that connects the sea water outlet side of the pump to the bowl rim for flushing, which is mostly above the waterline. Behind it is the black hose that brings sea water in from the through hull to the inlet side of the pump. It is a Lawrence brand double walled steel wire reinforced hose suitable it seems for the purpose.

Last edited: