♪He got it one piece at a time...♫

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Zee

I have an Ameriputer (laptop) and I cannot do it either. Maybe you have to have a desk top with a keypad?

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
I used Character Map. I've never been able to get the keystrokes to work for me, either. I blame it on operator error.

Ross

Jun 15, 2004
Islander/Wayfairer 30 sail number 25 Perryville,Md.
you must hold the alt key and use a locked number pad. The numbers on the regular keyboard don't serve.☺=alt+1

zeehag

Mar 26, 2009
1976 formosa 41 yankee clipper santa barbara. ca.(not there)
my keyboard is waaay different from yours-- mine is mexican--i am still hunting the keys for each punctuation and accent..

i found ñ and ç easily enough as my fat fingers found em for me...

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
So here's the scoop on the boat and its creator. His lake house is 2 doors down from ours. My First Mate cringes everytime she sees it out. In reality, it really is quite the creation. The owner truly is a ♪Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech and a Helluvan Engineer.♪♫ He's in his mid 90s. The story goes that the owners of the boat were adrift with a dead motor and this man towed them to his property with his sailboat. The owners never came back for the boat so he added 2 Sunfish sails. (I have no idea what type sailboat has sails on either side of the front of the boat. I'm pretty sure we won't be able to come up with a proper style-name for that.) He recently added the 3rd sail and mounted them all in-line which I suppose makes it a schooner. (Thanks for the clarification, y'all.) It does have a small engine that he sometimes uses.

I think this whole thing is hilarious and inventive and embarrassing all at the same time. But you gotta give this Georgia Tech grad credit for engineering such a marvel!

DougM

Jul 24, 2005
Beneteau 323 Manistee, MI
Georgia Tech would never allow that kind of engineering. He had to have graduated from Bubba's Backyard School of Marine Engineering...

zeehag

Mar 26, 2009
1976 formosa 41 yankee clipper santa barbara. ca.(not there)
isnt it a rental from bubba beauchamp´s bayou boat rentals???

Ross

Jun 15, 2004
Islander/Wayfairer 30 sail number 25 Perryville,Md.
It does prove that a boat doesn't have to be shiny and fancy to be an entirely useful plaything.

Oct 2, 2008
Pearson/ 530 Strafford, NH
The owner truly is a ♪Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech and a Helluvan Engineer.♪♫ He's in his mid 90s.
I think this whole thing is hilarious and inventive and embarrassing all at the same time. But you gotta give this Georgia Tech grad credit for engineering such a marvel!
Please tell him I'm having a drink in his honor.

All U Get

Oct 2, 2008
Pearson/ 530 Strafford, NH
i can see the fun boat...schoonerpontoonboat specialedition, but i cannot make the notes appear on my mexiputer...
i now have musical note envy.......
When in doubt, cut and paste. ☮

All U Get

Jul 29, 2004
Hunter 340 Lake Lanier, GA
Really?

Georgia Tech would never allow that kind of engineering. He had to have graduated from Bubba's Backyard School of Marine Engineering...
I guess you have never seen the Ga Tech homecoming "Wreck Parade", where dozens of student built contraptions more outlandish than this amaze the crowds while attempting to complete the parade route.

Here's some examples someone has posted:
http://www.pbase.com/shadym/ramblin_wreck_parade

GT BAE 1974 MSIM 1980

Status
Not open for further replies.