Has anyone considered using a 4 piling lift for a Hunter 260?

Will G

Jul 11, 2021
Hunter 260 Lake Anna
I am new to the forum and just purchased and launched a Hunter 260. At Lake Anna in Virginia the water never freezes but there are a few times when the air temps will dip to the 20s for a daily low for a couple of days at a time. I am concerned about the water ballast in the winter, but also we have a lot of wake surfer boat and general chop on the lake, so most boats are lifted when not in use (albeit they are pretty much all motorboats.)

Has anyone put the Hunter 260 on a lift on a regular basis? I think I could get one with slings and match up with the sling points easier than customizing bunks and getting lined up regularly. In a perfect world, I could lift the boat and drain the ballast whenever I leave.

I know this is a trailerable boat, but I couldn't find a stock trailer and had to modify one for the short haul from MD and launch in VA. We are at a private residence with no ramp. I think a good lift situation would be more convenient and likely better for the hull than the mod trailer.

Thanks in advance for guidance!

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Last edited:
Jul 3, 2020
Hunter 260 Sarasota
I’ve seen several users with H260s on the H260 Facebook Group post pictures with their boats on lifts.

In my mind its probably no different from a trailer, as long as the bunks are properly sized and placed.

Will G

Jul 11, 2021
Hunter 260 Lake Anna
I’ve seen several users with H260s on the H260 Facebook Group post pictures with their boats on lifts.

In my mind its probably no different from a trailer, as long as the bunks are properly sized and placed.
Thanks! Will look there for examples

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
That is exactly the approach to use following the design of the trailer. Anything else you are asking for trouble based on my experience selling nearly 20-25% of the production line and the fact I was involved on the design team.