H386 water leak above main table in cabin.

Jul 3, 2018
Hunter 386 Comox
Hello, I'm trying to chase down a leak on my boat that sees water accumulate in the light fixture above the main dining table. There is a set of runners just above screwed down to the deck but I've pulled those off and completely sealed the screw holes and the leak persists. Just wondering if anyone has seen same?
thanks, Brian

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Good to hear you sealed up those screw holes presumably when the running rigging covers were attached. The only leak I had on my 2004 Hunter 386 into the salon was from the electrical cable cover next to the mast. Mitigated the leak by plugging the cover ends.

Jun 27, 2021
Hunter 376 Midland
Thanks. I'll check that. This is a 2002 by the way.
Our boat is a ‘97 H376….very close to the 386 design I believe….
It would also be worthwhile to check the on deck solar panel. At least, I think that’s where my leak was originating.

As an end of season test I duct taped down the edges of the fibreglass cover over the panel and the leaking seemed to have stopped. I will be checking it more thoroughly in the spring. It’s likely the wires from the panel where they enter the boat which has developed a leak - but may be something else around the solar panel itself.

Oct 23, 2019
Hunter 376 Tarrytown
I have been chasing that same leak for about 4 seasons.
Actually, I think that there is more than one.

The 376 has two removable panels on the cabin top that cover the running rigging pathways back to the cockpit.
I am currently in the process of drilling out and epoxy re-bedding approx. 18 screw holes.
What is so aggravating about these leaks is that it has to rain for 15 minutes for the drips to start.
It is as if there is a reservoir above the liner that slowly fills, eventually overflows mostly to the 3 little cabin lights. Occasionally I
observe a drip through the port speaker as well.

The darn delay and water migration, makes simulated rain testing really difficult.

Will be watching this thread for news, and contributing my findings.