H34 stove removal

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 34 Herrington South, MD
My restoration is now up to removal of the stove, but I can't figure out how to remove it. My boat is an 84 H34.
20200419_150547.jpg

Oct 4, 2007
Oday 28 Great Salt Lake Marina
looks like an Origo 6000. Probably pop the top up and there will be screws inside the case. I only have a 3000 and it has a screw in setup but is above the stove as it doesn't have the oven as a counter weight.

DJAY

Apr 16, 2018
Hunter 31 Saylorville Lake
Yes. Open the top, screws are on either side. The tabs that hold the weight of the stove will spring slightly to disengage. You might put a stick of scrap wood under it until you can get a good hold on it. Back lower corners of the stove are rather pointed and will gouge woodwork...

splax

Nov 12, 2012
Hunter 34 Portsmouth
I removed mine, but it was a few years ago. I think the two pivot bolts are it. Be careful, it is pretty heavy and requires some maneuvering to get it up and out. I suggest having support to hold it up. It is difficult to get a grip to lift.

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 34 Herrington South, MD
Thanks everyone! I found the manual on the internet and now realize that the button on the front actually does release the top part. I'll put some wood under the stove in order to brace it.

Thanks again!

Mike

splax

Nov 12, 2012
Hunter 34 Portsmouth
I reinstalled mine, too. I think it is one of the better options available.

Oct 4, 2007
Oday 28 Great Salt Lake Marina
I agree with splax. I love my 3000, way better than the pressurized dragon I had before. Almost burned down my boat with it, didn't see the leak from the tank until it flared up by my feet. I know a lot of sailors are retro fitting their boats for propane, but it makes me nervous. Origo is one the better options. Too bad they are not being manufactured anymore. Good luck on the project!