H34 minor issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

splax

Nov 12, 2012
Hunter 34 Portsmouth
Dan,
Thanks for addressing some of the remaining issues. I hope to try to work a small strap wrench for the fuel filter. I couldn't get the screwdriver thing to work. The computer ought to work as long as the GPS antenna gets the signal. I think insurance companies require ball valves as the hull closure. Your maintenance of the valves is a good thing. I will look into Moor instruments. Thanks for the recommendation.

splax

Nov 12, 2012
Hunter 34 Portsmouth
The crappy weather day issue will be hopefully worked around by using a weather proof tablet computer for a cockpit display, the computer to remain at the Nav station.

splax

Nov 12, 2012
Hunter 34 Portsmouth
Well, I have replaced the fuel filter, installed a squeeze bulb in the fuel line, sanded below the water line with a belt sander and 80 grit to remove hull blisters, washed topsides with Simple Green and a Scotch Brite pad, put OsFro on the keel, patched the hull/keel joint with Six 10, painted an epoxy barrier coat, and purchased materials to make things better.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
There is a little retainer ring around the top of the bowl that unscrews to release the bowl that holds the filter. Unscrew the little knurled ring and the bowl will come off.

splax

Nov 12, 2012
Hunter 34 Portsmouth
propeller performance

The 8.5 x 14 CS 3-blade propeller seems to work well. I had the boat out yesterday and the RPMs went to 3350 under full throttle on my 3GM30F. I am not sure of the speed, since I forgot to bring the electronics up before taking off (I was kind of excited).:D I hope to get better performance data today.

Jun 3, 2004
Hunter 34 Toronto, Ontario Canada
Re: propeller performance

That sound good ( 3350rpm) that should have you at hull speed I would think. No Smoke?

splax

Nov 12, 2012
Hunter 34 Portsmouth
Today I took the boat out for an hour. The only performance data that I got was that the boat does about 5 kts @ 2500 RPM, where the throttle will stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.