H 33.5 Port side deck organizer turning block installation

Mar 4, 2018
Hunter 33.5 Southport
Has anyone made this upgrade to their H 33.5 ? I have seen other 33.5's that have the turning blocks under the raised section just ahead of the traveler on the port side as well as the standard starboard side installation. I'm thinking this was a factory option and I would like to make this upgrade but I'm a little concerned about trying to remove what I'm calling the " Hood" for lack of a better word for it. Any idea as to how these were attached and or if there are any tricks to removing them?
h33.5 hood.JPG

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
If there are no seen bolts protruding into cabin held by nuts nor any inspection ports inside cabin ceiling below blocks then the bolts holding the block topside would be secured into aluminum plates encapsulated in the fiberglass

On turning blocks or deck organizers I used to at times add another on top but would need longer bolts
Retired dealer

Mar 4, 2018
Hunter 33.5 Southport
Not the blocks that is the issue. I'm pretty sure there are aluminum plates on both sides of the cabin for turning blocks as well as cam cleats and winches. It looks to me like the piece that I'm calling the hood was attached after block installation with some kind of adhesive and then caulked. If the adhesive used was 5200 it's going to make for a pretty difficult project. I was hoping to find someone who had removed the part that could give me a heads up on what to expect.

Feb 27, 2004
Hunter 335 North East, MD
Yes- I added these to my 33.5 this past summer- there are pads set up for you to do that- if I could do it anyone can

Feb 27, 2004
The hood is easy to detach- its just screws- use your screw gun remove the screws and lift off the hood and all will be revealed- I have a 1994 33.5

Mar 4, 2018
Hunter 33.5 Southport
It was removing the hood that I was concerned about. Mine seems to have some sort of white caulking under it. I thought that it might have been 5200. Hearing that someone has done this by simply removing the screws is definitely promising news. Hopefully a PO didn't use 5200 on mine in an effort to ward off a possible leak.

Feb 27, 2004
The white stuff was a silcone sealant- mine came right up with a putty knife and then I replaced it after I reinstalled the hood