Golf Cart Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pat Reynolds

I was speaking to a fellow Cat 30 owner and he spoke of golf cart batteries for everything and 1 other battery for just starting the engine. Is this the way to go? What are the pros and cons?

A

archie christian

golf cart battys

Sounds like a feasible idea. I'll be watching this and going to school on ya. Im currently remolding my batty trays and may want to accomodate something different. Good luck. Archie

D

Don

I use them.

I have 2 six volt GC batteries in series. Advantages: lower cost, high amp capability, better cooling. The only disadvantage is finding a place to put them and keeping them full of water (like any flooded cell). I purchased 2 from a discount battery store for less than $100. That is 220 amp. My first set lasted for 6 years under hard usage.

T

Terry Brown

I installed two pair (4 six volt) this summer in my 89 30' Catalina. I had to remove the original battery box and build a new one.Careful measuring is required and I had to raise the box cover by a 1/2" to clear the battery posts. Two batteries are hooked in series and then up to the battery selector switch. This provides about 440 amps of 12 volt power or almost 4 days of cold beer without a charge. My boat is on a mooring and I enjoy anchoring, so it was a good project. I bought the batteries at Sam's Club for about $60.00 each. I only have one summer on this system but so far I have been very pleased.

Status
Not open for further replies.