Going to look at a 322 next week...

Mar 2, 2014
Catalina 22 Ocean Springs, MS
Also read this post. Should you buy the boat, if you review the posts of the regular O'Day322 contributors in this site, you will learn a lot about your new boat.

Gary - we have appreciated your O'Day 322 posts over the last few years, and thank you for your contributions. !
Wishing you serenity and peace.
Thanks for the reference to that post. I'm going to talk to the surveyor at length about the keel area.

Peace to you, Gary!

Jun 13, 2017
Hunter 35 Legend Mobile, AL
I am about to join the ranks of 322 owners. Thanks for the tips.
Gary, peace to you and your family.

iSaint

Jan 1, 2009
Catalina 22 Ocean Springs
I am about to join the ranks of 322 owners. Thanks for the tips.
Gary, peace to you and your family.
Where are you making your purchase? I’m in Ocean Springs, Mississippi but going down to Florida to buy one there.

Jun 13, 2017
Hunter 35 Legend Mobile, AL
We are looking at one in the far northeast, but live in Alabama. Video tour and surveyed. now getting transport quotes.

Jun 1, 2007
O'Day 322 Mt.Sinai
Despite the possible keel issues mentioned (and they are worth checking out), the 322 is a marvelous sailboat, way ahead of its time. Her hull shape and wing keel make her very maneuverable and quicker than one would expect. (Yesterday I out ran a Capri 37, which has a much lower PHRF - but that may have been her skipper's unhandiness.)
The 322's anchor roller structure allows for the easy addition of an extendable bowsprit so you can fly a Code 0, giving you a pseudo 34 footer.
Minor adjustments: move the fuel cutoff outside the cockpit locker and put a piano hinge on the ice box lid.
These babies go quickly so don’t wait too long.
Alastair, have you added a bowsprit? The roller and my CQR don't play well with my mooring lines. I was going to have a local metal shop fabricate some kind of extension for the rollers. Would like to see if you did something similar.

Jan 2, 2017
O'Day & Islander 322 & 37 Scottsdale, AZ & Owls Head, ME
I installed a Selden retractable bowsprit to fly my asymmetrical spinnaker and Code 0. It attaches easily and solidly to the roller flanges.