Genoa track for O'Day 25 or 26

mm2347

Oct 21, 2008
oday 222 niagara
I have a 1985 O'Day 26 and aftr buying new 150 furling genoa decided I need to correct the bad trim due to poorly placed aft genoa track and am going to install new one forward of coaming. Ive read all the other postings about this, but really just want to see pics of anybodys boat from someone who has already done this so I can get better idea of placement.

Thanks to anybody that can help me here. :)
To set the jib car track on the deck or cabin @ the proper place or angle -- 1) run a string from the bow back to the center of the srearn. 2) measure from the bow back 120 inches on the string and mark (3) measure 21 inches from mark @ right angles to port and starboard and mark (x). Every two inches added or subtracted equals one degree. (4) run a string from bow thru the angle you want and set your jib track on this line. If you center the on this line you will get equal adjustments for or aft. (5) Check your work with a sheet of paper under the string at the bow, draw lines, then check with a protractor.

mm2347

Oct 21, 2008
oday 222 niagara
To set the jib car track on the deck or cabin at the proper place and angle-- 1)run a string from the bow back to the center of the Stearns. 2) measure from the bow back 120 inches and mark. 3) measure 21 inches at right angles to port and starboard and mark. Every 2 inches added or subtracted will change angle 1degree. 4)run a string from the bow thru the angle you want and set your track on the line. If you can center the track on the this mark and line you will get equal adjustments in pressure and and keep angle. 5) to check angle put a sheet of paper under the strings at the bow, copy the lines, check with a protractor.
On many boats you will have to comprise. Sometimes Barber haul (? Spelling) set up using anti friction rings are a the better way to go.