garage anchor evolution

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
As a former dealer a trip line tied to the head of an anchor or fluke area does work when pulling the anchor out. Use to tie the trip line to a fender that was above the anchor area. Guess what. Never fouled and worked for over 40 years. The key to tying off is the fender just floats over the anchor

RussC

Sep 11, 2015
Merit 22- Oregon lakes
As a former dealer a trip line tied to the head of an anchor or fluke area does work when pulling the anchor out. Use to tie the trip line to a fender that was above the anchor area. Guess what. Never fouled and worked for over 40 years. The key to tying off is the fender just floats over the anchor
You were a dealer Dave?? I didn't know :laugh:.
I have no doubt that there are situations where a trip line could be a real anchor saver. buuuuut this isn't one of them :). people need to take another look at my first photo on page one. the one of the huge root with all the exposed root feeders. now imagine that root being 40'-50' underwater and dropping an anchor into the middle of that mess. do you really think a trip line would be of any benefit to retrieving that anchor? the only thing that gets a direct hit back again is low water (as in the photo) or a scuba tank and wetsuit. maybe an underwater chainsaw also, just in case ;).

Last edited: