Fuel Cap Winch

Ryd

Sep 10, 2021
Beneteau 331 Richmond CA
How wide is the 6 pointed star in the fuel cap (opposite tip to.tip)? I'm hoping a piece of flat bar shaved down to fit inside hexagonal star will let me open it...

Ryd

Sep 10, 2021
Beneteau 331 Richmond CA
Has anybody been able to get the beneteau parts site to work? I'm a new owner and it won't even let me make a log in account...

Jun 20, 2021
Beneteau 343 Fort Lauderdale
Has anybody been able to get the beneteau parts site to work? I'm a new owner and it won't even let me make a log in account...
I was approved for an account and ordered (and received) my first part. It's fiendishly difficult to find anything and a fellow member gave me the part number for the wrong side but I was able to figure out the correct part from that.

Jun 20, 2021
And, a follow up, the key off Amazon works although I needed a wrench to get sufficient leverage. I did finally find the correct tool hiding in the nav desk. I feel like I should attach a float or lanyard so I don't lose it

Nov 21, 2007
Beneteau Oceanis 34 Kingston, WA
I got on, it appears that they want you to request a new parts account, send them the info via the web form and hopefully they will create an account for you. The last thing that I wanted to order from them was not in stock, so I went elsewhere.
Here is what I found for you;
Search results.jpg
However, after finding this, I went back and looked at parts listings for my boat, all I have is a black plastic handle that fits all of my deck fill caps, it's part # 231400 and it's $4.64.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2007
Beneteau Oceanis 34 Kingston, WA
I was approved for an account and ordered (and received) my first part. It's fiendishly difficult to find anything and a fellow member gave me the part number for the wrong side but I was able to figure out the correct part from that.
It's certainly not intuitive (understatement), but once you learn to browse for parts for your model, you can find things that your typical retailer would never find for you, and frequently at a really good price. I ended up paying more than the Beneteau parts price for my turning block that I was looking for when I ordered it directly from US Spars.

Ryd

Sep 10, 2021
Beneteau 331 Richmond CA
View attachment 197193 that might actually work as I know see the holes that would fit that key. I'm use to a winch that fits the star pattern shown in the photograph.

My diesel cap does not have the 2 extra holes in it, just the inset 6 sided star...beneteau does not seem to sell the 6 sided one anymore....

A forum member provided a part number but no easy way to search beneteau spare parts by part number...at least I haven't figured that out

Jun 20, 2021
View attachment 197193 that might actually work as I know see the holes that would fit that key. I'm use to a winch that fits the star pattern shown in the photograph.

My diesel cap does not have the 2 extra holes in it, just the inset 6 sided star...beneteau does not seem to sell the 6 sided one anymore....

A forum member provided a part number but no easy way to search beneteau spare parts by part number...at least I haven't figured that out
just use the part number to add it to your cart, then click on the item in the cart to see what you're looking at. it's a challenging website to use.

Ryd

Sep 10, 2021
Beneteau 331 Richmond CA
I got on, it appears that they want you to request a new parts account, send them the info via the web form and hopefully they will create an account for you. The last thing that I wanted to order from them was not in stock, so I went elsewhere.
Here is what I found for you;
View attachment 198399
However, after finding this, I went back and looked at parts listings for my boat, all I have is a black plastic handle that fits all of my deck fill caps, it's part # 231400 and it's $4.64.
That's a good tip but that part looks like it has 8 points...my fuel cap has 6

Mar 20, 2016
Beneteau 351 WYC Whitby
I gave you the P/N a page ago in the photo P/N 458867 for a 2 ended steel one it has Beneteau stamped into it and does all caps fuel, waste and water

Dec 14, 2003
Hunter 34 Lake of Two Mountains, QC, Can
If the threads and diameter match you could replace the caps for your fuel, water and waste with something like this. Fairly cheap (somewhat less than $20), they come in green for diesel, light blue for fresh water, black for waste. They also have one in red for gas.

Attachments

Jun 20, 2021
I gave you the P/N a page ago in the photo P/N 458867 for a 2 ended steel one it has Beneteau stamped into it and does all caps fuel, waste and water
If the threads and diameter match you could replace the caps for your fuel, water and waste with something like this. Fairly cheap (somewhat less than $20), they come in green for diesel, light blue for fresh water, black for waste. They also have one in red for gas.
nice. I discovered that one of my water ports wasn't connected. It should have been a quick top off, but a 100 gallons later I thought I better investigate. The bilge pump had a workout.

• Wow
Sep 24, 2021
Beneteau 35s5 Telegraph hrbr Thetis Island
Beneteau is where to get it and it does both sizes .P/N can be read on it
This looks like the ticket!... but I can't seem to get through to the Beneteau site with any of the posted links. Anybody have a current functioning link?

Attachments

Sep 24, 2021
Beneteau 35s5 Telegraph hrbr Thetis Island
I want to buy the original Diesel or Waste Cap cover. They are the same . It looks likes this. But I don’t even have a way to access parts. Also is there another cap that fits? (Without the chain) for waste
Our fuel cap is NOT the same as the water fill. Water and waste use a std winch handle to open, fuel is a hex and smaller. You might find a replacement water cap at any chandlery that would have the 8point socket.