Fresh water pump specs

Dec 19, 2019
Hunter 45 Deck Salon Cumming, Ga
I've got a 2008 Hunter 45 DS. The primary fresh water pump went out. It is a surflow but has no information anywhere on the pump for me to get the same spec pump. Pentair makes the pump and they don't know what it is either. I sent them pictures to review, but they aren't sure what it is. Manual doesn't list anything. Anyone have any ideas. Pictures also attached here.

Attachments

Dec 19, 2019
I found the model on one of my other pumps. The original pump is no longer available. The replacement is the same 4 GPM, but the PSI increased by 10 PSI. Old pump is 45 PSI and new is 55 PSI. Should I worry about an extra 10 PSI or try to figure out how to lower the pressure. Should be able to lower it, but MFG says to know what you are doing or you'll screw it up.

Feb 10, 2004
Hunter 40.5 Warwick, RI
It should be fine. But do check for leaks. If the pump cycles wit all the faucets closed, the likely possibility is a leak somewhere. If no leak then the pressure switch or internal valve assembly is faulty- but that is not likely on a new pump.

Dec 19, 2019
Thanks Rich. Do you know what the typical max PSI rating is, or where I can find it? Boat is a 2008 Hunter 45 DS. I heard most fresh water systems are rated up to 200 PSI. I find that hard to believe.

Feb 10, 2004
Hunter 40.5 Warwick, RI
For fresh water pumps the psi rating range is typically 35-45. For anchor wash-down pumps it can be up to 55psi. The gallons per minute rating can be wide depending upon how many faucets the pump is designed to feed.