FREE passes to Pacific Sail Expo

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jim Westman

Best Boat Show Around

I never miss the Pacific Sail Expo. This is the best "In The Water" sail boat show there around. I own a Catalina Capri 26 and look forward to seeing the new Catalina line and especially the new Catalina 35 that's out this year. The forums also are great, but are hard to attend on a one day trip to the Bay Area. There are just too many great boats to board and also see the exhibits. Looking forward to a terrific day at Jack London Square.

B

Bradley Storey

Catalina Browsing

I'm going to PSE this year because I'm considering buying another Catalina. Currently I've got a 36, but I may be interested in buying one of the new ones out there.

G

Gary Jensen

Acknowledging Catalina Sailboats

I have attended PSE, at Oakland, in the past. Last year I answered questions for parties that were interested in 380 Catalinas and 36 Catalinas, (as I have owned both models). Its always good to let prospective owners know just what kind of value you receive when purchasing a Catalina. I share information about Catalina Sailing Associations that are in the area. Additionally, sail stories about Harbors,Cruises,and anything else related to OR not about sailing, are shared...Regards Gary Jensen

J

Jean Marie Scott

Solonav!

We will be returning to PSE as it is our annual kickoff event for the spring sailing season! Following the rainy, winter months in Santa Cruz - we time our boat prep schedule and PSE trip so that we are psyched and ready to return to the water!!!

G

Gregory Dean

We love our Passage 420

Well, we live aboard out Passage 420 and love it. We have all the latest gear in navigation and such. But the most important reason my wife and I (along with our son - who is becoming a great sailor)go to the Pacific Sail Expo is to see EVERYTHING in one place as well as make unbelievable deals on equipment. This will be our third year at PSE (the first year we went we bought our boat -Passage 420). The weather is getting warmer, and we are getting anxious to get back out in the Bay and the Ocean.

R

Russ Garecht

I want (need) a bigger boat

We are looking for a bigger boat. Before you laugh, we have a real reason. When we bought our current boat, a Hunter 29.5, there was myself, my wife, and our dog. Now, through love and circumstances beyond our control, there are now seven of us; myself, my wife, our dog, and four grandchildren ages 2 to 14. We took a vote, remodel the house to make living a little better of buy a bigger boat. The vote was six to one. Dog wanted a doggie door. Why go all the way to the Bay Area to look at boats? My mother-in-law lives in San Leandro.

C

Chris Lewis

It's all there!

I attended Sail expo last year. There is so much to see in the exposition tents that I hardly had time to look at the boats. If it has anything to do with a sailboat, it is there. You can read about new products out on the market but holding them in your hand and and talking to the company owners and picking their brains is another. I am planning on making at least one substantial purchase this year and am looking foreword to the discounts at the show. Chris Lewis Carmelita # 163

D

Dan Busche

PSE ME!

Why Am I going to the Pacific Sail Expo? Well, let me see! I need a new outboard motor, I need new hatch doors, new speakers, new halyards, new depth sounder / knot meter, plus I need to see about upgrading my boat soon to a nice new Hunter 356. Or the Catalina 350 would be nice. Or how about a new Tartan 4100? That way I get all of the above mentioned items all included. The main reason I need to go though is to escape the cold weather here in Utah and enjoy the beautiful SF Bay Area and hang out with other fellow Hunter owners and dream about that H356.

T

tom

Sail Expo

Im getting ready to hang up the job and go play in the water for a while, so im wim going to see about trading up to a new boat...I think it will be the place to look...not just for a new boat but for all the gear ill need...picarisque

K

Kent Leaver

New to the Water

My wife and I are new to sailing. We just bought a Catalina 30, looking to do some cruising on the bay with an occasional FUN race. I've attended the show for the past three years, every year it seems to get bigger and bigger. This year I get to look at all the products available to boaters instead of just wishing I had one of the new boats.

J

Jim Hughes

My New Old Boat

I was recently given a 1976 Catalina 22. It still floats, but it does need alot of work. I have been looking for a boat show so I can see all the latest and greatest equipment. Unfortunately there are not many boat shows in Las Vegas that cater to sailing. I would love to attend PSE this year and see what I can learn. Who knows I might find that special boat I just can't live with out. Regards, Jim Hughes

B

brian

New to sailing....

I'm a newly "minted" sailor. I sold my cabin cruiser and bought a new Macgregor 26x in September. I still don't quite know how to sail. I want to go to the PSE and get as much info as I can on all aspects of owning a sailboat plus pick up tips on just how to sail it.

D

Dale Wolford

PSE

I always enjoy the PSE. It is a great chance to see the new boats, hardware and other great info about sailing.

S

S.H. LaMont

Ideas, discounts and friends

My wife and I attended PSE in the past because we were learning, needed information. We found both valuable information, friends from the sailing community, and a great buy on safety gear. Now that we have a 37 foot boat we are going back for the same reasons, plus we need ideas and inspiration.

J

Jonathan Sherlock

It's a great opportunity

I attended last year with my girlfriend and we both had a ball! It was our first in-water boat show and it was a real thrill for both of us to be able to step aboard every variety of sailboat imaginable. We picked out one or two that we want to buy. We're moving up from an O'Day 26. Plus it's a great place to get a close-up look at new gear and electronics. We left with all sorts of ideas for improving our O'Day. I wouldn't miss it, hope to see you there!

S

Steve Estarziau

What an opportunity!

We have been going to the Pacific Sail Expo for a few years now. What a great opportunity to talk directly with the manufactures and distributors of all the best products. This is the time to get all of your questions answered, problems taken care of and obtain some of those new toys that you have been wanting. Not to mention the new boats in the water. Last year, after walking the docks, we decided that to upgrade our old Catalina 30 by installing the new style pleated shades that are the new Catalina's. I also got the idea of replacing the old teak hand rails on deck with new stainless rails, like the ones we saw at the show. By the way, the new additions look great on our old/new 1978 C30. So, we plan on being there on the 17th, to get more new ideas for our boat. Steve and Renee Tortuga

D

Dave

Fun to see what is new.

I go every year, it is a great way to see new products on the market and talk to the pro's who manufacture or install these products. There are good deals to be had also.

N

NEIL WALTERS

TICKETS FOR PACIFIC SAIL EXPO

I have gone to the Expo for the last 2 years and enjoy looking over the product displays and the boats on display. I am fairly new to sailing and enjoy talking to the salespeople demonstrating their wares. It seems I always buy something.

B

Bill Housh

Sail Expo

We have gone to the Sail Expo every year since it started. We enjoy it very much and we are considering a new boat and are looking. Please send us two tickets if available. Thank You Bill,

Status
Not open for further replies.