FREE passes to Pacific Sail Expo

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Joe Oshinski

THE Best Sailboat Show in the West!

Not only is PSE the best Sailboat show in the West, but I'm going this year again since it's my only chance to see lots of sailing equipment manufacturers who can answer my re-fit questions face-to-face. My Hunter 34 is (like my home) in a constant stage of renovation/upgrading. Sail Expo is like a sailboat "Home Show"!

J

Jay MacDonald

Toys for Big Boys

Sail Expo is always a great chance to see new boats and new gear. I usually don't need much of an excuse to get down to the water, and Sail Expo is perfect, especially this year, because my new girlfriend is a sailing nut. I like to visit with old acquaintances in the industry, spend a little money on a toy or two, and wish I had big money to spend on the big toys. This year my boat comes out of charter and maybe I need a special item to mark the transition...we'll see!

M

Mel Torres

Going shopping!

We're in the market fot a new boat! 45' and would love to attend in hope to find our dream boat. Thank you, Mel Torres

R

Rick Smith

What Dreams are made of

My wife and I have gone to the Pacific Sail Expo several times in the past. This year our dreams may come true. We are very close to the big break away from a life on the land. We look forward to many days and nights under the stars that will guide us.

M

Michael

Sailboat Jones

I have a sailboat jones and I got to get my fix!!! I wanted to sail since I met a cruising couple overseas while in the Navy 20 years ago. I finally was able to buy a 2001 Hunter 340 last summer. I put it in the Club Nautique fleet, knocked out the US Sailing Bk and BC classes and I have been practicing every since. The more I learn the more I want to know, and the boat show is a great place to go see and learn. I used to do my weekend drills for the Naval Reserve Cargo Handling Battalion 3 on Navy crane ships tied up accross the estuary from the boat show. I sat up in the crane and looked at all of those boats just dreaming about what it would like to have one. Then during lunch break I would change into my civies and go visit all of the boats I could and pick up the latest Latitude 38. It was always one of the events I looked forward to every year. Now that I have a boat I have even more reason to go. With or without the free tickets I wouldn't break with this tradition!

J

Jim King

PSE Exposed.

I am attending the PSE this year because it is the best boat show i've attended. I am looking to upgrade to a bigger boat and this is great place to inspect the boats and ask alot of questions. I have attended the PSE for the last 4 years

A

Adrianne Jonas

This will be our second Sail Expo and

our second new sailboat in as many years. Now that's a scary thought. (We do have the 290 listed for sale, btw). The retail therapy for the boat there was good with discounts for many items. We purchased a new set of foulies, and a Sailrite sewing machine with no shipping fee as a show special deal. We also met a marine electronics company from Santa Cruz we especially liked and purchased our chart plotters, radar and various other techie goodies from them for both boats. It rained cats and dogs one day we were there and not only were the boats in the water but several of the vendors in the tents were in standing water. Might be a good idea to bring deck shoes or boots. I'm especially looking forward to going to some seminars and seeing the vendors we did business with last year to say,'hello.' My husband will most likely be spending a lot of time just enjoying sitting on our 356 and talking with the boat broker. We will be putting her into the fleet with Club Nautique as we did with our 290. I've been trying (operative word here) my best at knocking out the sailing lessons. Finally passed BK and will start BC1 lessons the weekend before the show.

A

Art Barnes

Go for the people

To be around sailors and people who love the sport plus have a good time after the show with some mates. I have found that people involved in sailing are some of the best on the water planet. I also love to look at the newest stuff out there and get some good ideas for my boat (H37C). Best Regards, Art

N

NANCY LASKY

LEARN MORE

I HAVE LOVED CATALINA'S FOR A LONG TIME AND HOPE TO MOVE UP IN THE NEAR FUTURE. MEETING NEW SAILORS OR EXPERIENCED ONE'S IS THE HIGHLIGHT TO THE BOAT SHOW. ALSO SEEING THE NEW CATALINA'S IS WONDERFUL.

Status
Not open for further replies.