First Sailing Forum! getting the sailing bug to the owner ship level

Jul 28, 2023
Hunter Legend 37 Biscayne Bay
I see the JSO 32 this sunday.
It has no traveller, adding a traveller to the top of the companionway should be no issue right? it is a mold injected deck.
Any of you sailed a JSO? it is a spade rudder so has no skeg, I do not think I have sailed a spade rudder lol.
Think I read that the bottom and bow is plumb shaped to it a longer water line, would it make it a water slapper out in the ocean?

It went horrible!!

The owner now lives in NY and left it to his son an adult who moves around and then left his cousin the "keys".

Boat was in a slip and no fenders used so the pilings looked like a bear was living there from the scratched poles.

The boat is very humid so that there was mold every where. The sole wood is coming apart because of wetness.

The in mast main was torn as it was not furled in all the way and left 3 ft out.

:(

on the plus side I am considering Jeanneau more seriously as I see their beaty now.

Oh.. and the engine could not be run because the last time out " it was making noise" lol

jssailem

SBO Weather and Forecasting Forum Jim & John
Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
That is why you look at many boats. You get a little bit more knowledgeable with each viewing.
You likely are sorting out what is important to you.
Unfortunately, you are going out on a series of boats for short periods. Have you thought about chartering a boat. Even if it means you hire a captain. You need to observe the issues of being on a boat for multiple days to understand the structures that make it comfortable/enjoyable/safe for you.