First Sail

Slider

Sep 1, 2014
Beneteau 37DK Alameda
I went for my 1st sail in the used 170. Wind was 8K-10K on a small lake in California. She moves along nicely with full sails. The new rudder from Hunter owners was great, very little pressure with those winds. I purchased a Hidea 2.5 2012 brand new. It came in the box no shipping, no tax for $449 on E-Bay. It fits nice and is 37lbs. 4-stroke . It started out of the box on the 2nd pull! I am getting ready for this summer at Lake Tahoe to turn the Grand Girls (5 granddaughters) into sailors.

Jul 12, 2011
Leopard 40 Jupiter, Florida
I love to hear these stories of other people "starting over" in smaller boats after sailing large keel boats. It's kind of like driving around in a sports car after a luxury SUV for most of your life. Everything is so manual and the feedback is direct. Good luck with sailing school -- we need more young sailors.

Feb 26, 2010
Hunter 15 Fremantle, Western Australia
Have fun this summer on Lake Tahoe. Will you have to tow the boat over the Donner Pass?

Slider

Sep 1, 2014
Beneteau 37DK Alameda
Yes, no problem, I don't feel it behind me. I have a Toyota Highlander. v-6 275 HP. I had a Macgregor 26 that was more of a pull over Donner. The water at Tahoe is Blue water sailing!

Feb 26, 2010
Hunter 15 Fremantle, Western Australia
Yes, no problem, I don't feel it behind me. I have a Toyota Highlander. v-6 275 HP. I had a Macgregor 26 that was more of a pull over Donner. The water at Tahoe is Blue water sailing!
With a car like that I'm sure that it is no problem. I have a Hunter 15, probably 200-300lbs lighter than the H170. I pull that around with a 1.6 Litre Peugeot sport.

Attachments