Fire Extinguisher Recall

Jul 29, 2017
Catalina 380 Los Angeles
I just printed this out for everyone at work. Seems like everyone has some of these. I'm pretty sure the two I have in my aft stateroom are under this recall but I'll have to check to make sure. Thanks for the info.:cowbell:

Jan 24, 2009
1981 Cherubini Hunter 27 Shipwright Harbor Marina, MD
Thanks for posting the link, I didn't realize they also manufactured them under other brand names. Also reminds me to go look.

Aug 1, 2011
Catalina 270 255 Wabamun. Welcome to the marina
The model numbers do not all include the range of date codes. We have a bunch of Mariner 110's , that do fall under the "110" list, but within that, our date codes are newer than the list.
(That and the freakin numbers are too small to read :) )

jviss

Feb 5, 2004
Tartan 3800 20 Westport, MA
Ugh! Going to get some new fire extinguishers this year, not Kidde!

I'm thinking of going with Halotron. What should I have, 2.5 lb., 5 lb.?

Jul 29, 2017
Catalina 380 Los Angeles
We just found one that was installed as equipment on a business jet....:badbad:

Apex

Jun 19, 2013
C&C 30 Elk Rapids
This appears to also include units that were part of a previous recall in 2015. So perhaps this is an expansion of that previous recall?

Jul 13, 2010
Precision 23 Perry Hall,Baltimore County
I tried the website last nightfiund it to be a real PITA. It was late,I was tired,but I own 5 fire extinguisher s and I think they all have to be listed individually on a fresh page for each one! Never did get finished and have no idea why listing! Mail exchange?, Refunds? What is the plan, anyone know?

Jul 29, 2017
Catalina 380 Los Angeles
I didn't get far enough with it to find out if there will be an exchange program.

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
I didn't get far enough with it to find out if there will be an exchange program.
The bulletin says customers should be able to request free replacement. I had a few extinguishers affected by the previous recall. For that one the exchange process was pretty painless. I filled out an online form and got the replacements in the mail shortly after. I’m hoping this one will be similar. From what I remember the previous recall was because on some batches the triggers wouldn’t work properly if the extinguisher was stopped then started again. This one sounds more severe.

SG

Feb 11, 2017
J/Boat J/160 Annapolis
If you got the rechargeable ones (not the disposable plastic models), I understand that you are okay.

Jul 13, 2010
Precision 23 Perry Hall,Baltimore County
Update, after some sleep and 2 cups of Folgers, got registered this morning.
Go to website, open on page that shows how to identify your bottles. Have a yellow note pad and magnifying glass, list all numbers on your notes. Go to website, fill out name address form, then it allows you to list all of your bottles on 1 page. Then hit submit. Next page informs you replacements will be sent to you with disposal instructions for old bottles. Hmm, I`m guessing the website is gonna blow up this weekend!

Feb 2, 2010
Island Packet 37 Hull #2 Harpswell Me
two of my four extinguishers do not have the 10 digit serial number and i cannot make a claim on line. this is not going to be easy.

Oct 1, 2007
Boston Whaler Super Sport Pt. Judith
This is really a serious deal. I own 10 extinguishers and 5 of them are affected, including a brand new one I just bought about 2 weeks ago. I hope Kidde's insurance is paid up.

Bob S

Sep 27, 2007
Beneteau 393 New Bedford, MA
I got a recall letter from BJ's Wholesale about a pair of extinguishers I had bought from them. My guess they were from the 2015 recall. I had them for a year or so and they took them back and replaced them at no charge.