Fell in love with the MacGregor 26M, but...

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
Thanks. Good to know that you don’t need a crane to step, just a few friends and the right gear. :)
Here’s a picture of it going up with the gin pole. You can see how long the mast is relative the boat length. This is easily done with two people. It was about 25 knots across the beam, so we had someone holding the halyard to windward just to help. Normally it does fine all by itself.

EDA8F003-6607-45EF-A0FB-633135D72CCB.jpeg

the help pole on the transom is fixed at the lowest height that he mast will clear the cabintop and still be pinnined.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2018
Hunter 216 Kingston
Here’s a picture of it going up with the gin pole. You can see how long the mast is relative the boat length. This is easily done with two people. It was about 25 knots across the beam, so we had someone holding the halyard to windward just to help. Normally it does fine all by itself.

View attachment 186732

the help pole on the transom is fixed at the lowest height that he mast will clear the cabintop and still be pinnined.
That is a tall stick!

The photo is a little grainy but it looks like the guy at the mast base is wearing a hat ;)

I did a quick search and there are number for sale Hmmmm :)

One had a single axle trailer that just looked like an accident waiting to happen.

Oct 31, 2017
Macgregor 25 Somerville
Really nice work on the galley. I need to remake mine as well. I have several types of origo stoves and a stove/oven combination (6000). I think that I'll use the double burner model but not the drop-in, I'll use the boxy version /Origo 3000 with gimbals.
I love yours. I hope I can do just as well.
Rick

The interior finish is minimal, and storage access is somewhat lacking.

The galley on mine did not come with the optional flush mount Origo. So I just finished building a slightly improved galley for mine. Hoping to do some extended camping in mine, so trying to make it a little nicer inside.

View attachment 186394View attachment 186395View attachment 186396

The wheel helm steers the outboard and the twin rudders simultaneously. Ordering the outboard quick disconnect kit is a must in my opinion - which lets you disconnect the outboard when sailing. It holds the outboard centered, so if something sudden happened, you could drop the tilt and steer with the rudders. But, disconnecting my 60hp tilted outboard from the helm is a totally different experience. When connected, the tilted outboard is flopping back and forth - giving a heavy feel to the helm that is totally unrelated to the rudder feel. When disconnected, the helm is very light and holds course well when released. Which brings us to another point. If you are a tiller sailor, and like rudder feedback, you may not care for the wheel helm.

Last edited: