Favorite Oday Picture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 23, 2010
Catalina 2007 MKII + 1982 23 Portland
Hi thanks... that's a 110 jennie and the main is not reefed, but at 20 kts, you have to keep your hand on the main sheet all the time and spill some wind if you are heeled 30 degrees or more and then get hit with a gust. I just took delivery on my new roller furling 135 jennie and hope to have it rigged and on the water later this week. Then I can really dial her in. I have now sailed my Oday 23 about 20 times and am gaining confidence in the higher winds, but I still get a little nervous and spill some wind off the main when the angle gets too extreme. Not sure why the caps didn't show in that photo. The wind was a bit up and down and we were probably in a good strong gust getting that much heel but a lull was just behind it hence no caps.

RECESS

Dec 20, 2003
Pearson 323 . St. Mary's Georgia
A little creature we feed that has grown up on the boat. After a swim and during a sail yesterday.

Oct 2, 2008
Island Packet 31 Brunswick, Ga
A little creature we feed that has grown up on the boat. After a swim and during a sail yesterday.

Ha!! As starter of this thread I give that picture the " The Picture that Made Me Smile all day" award!!

RECESS

Dec 20, 2003
Ha!! As starter of this thread I give that picture the " The Picture that Made Me Smile all day" award!!
There is something awesome about sharing things with your kids and reliving your own childhood through them. I have a 21 year old that is out of the Navy and doing well on his own and we decided to start it all over 5 years ago, best decision I ever agreed to. At 44 it is a treat having a young child in the house. I wish I could keep doing it, but at some point you are making it almost guaranteed they will have to finish growing up without you being there. He is our last but damn I appreciate him being with me everyday. I do not love him more than his brother, I just have grown up a little more than when I was 23 and appreciate having a small child more.

This was taken today.

Dec 26, 2009
Oday 22 cleveland
The Official O'Day Pic Thread !!!

How about it? Possibly a Sticky............
We all have some daily or weekly pic's that we don't post in our albums...
Just Great Pics of Our Favorite Dailey Moment.
Here's a start.....

Attachments

RECESS

Dec 20, 2003
I bought a new to me main sail to replace the one I had get destroyed in a wind storm,,, micro burst. Only one year old. Come to find out even though the foot and the luff are exactly the same as the O'Day sail, the leech extends way past the backstay. I am not losing any of the good sailing season to get it re-cut, I will do that in winter. So you are going to see a whole lot of my main reefed at the first reef point this summer and fall.

My wife who has been sailing for 12 years. She will downplay her abilities, but she can damn sure sail.

Sep 20, 2006
Hunter 33 Georgian Bay, Ontario, Canada
How about it? Possibly a Sticky............
We all have some daily or weekly pic's that we don't post in our albums...
Just Great Pics of Our Favorite Dailey Moment.
Here's a start.....
Sure, there was an O'day pic thread already started, I've merged the two and made it a sticky.

Some great shots everyone.

Dec 26, 2009
Oday 22 cleveland
Guess what I passed this morning? The Niagra !!!!

It was coming through the "cut" today entering the port of Cleveland.

Later we pulled up to it at dock and took a few more pics.

A very cool day! :)

Attachments

Oct 2, 2008
Guess what I passed this morning? The Niagra !!!!

It was coming through the "cut" today entering the port of Cleveland.

Later we pulled up to it at dock and took a few more pics.

A very cool day! :)
Sweet, your'e not going to see that boat on lake weiss.

The niagra? Single deck, maybe 24 guns? What is the flag flow from the forward (main topmast?) Is that a "don't tread on me" flag, or is it a new issue flag.

Oct 2, 2008
There is something awesome about sharing things with your kids and reliving your own childhood through them. I have a 21 year old that is out of the Navy and doing well on his own and we decided to start it all over 5 years ago, best decision I ever agreed to. At 44 it is a treat having a young child in the house. I wish I could keep doing it, but at some point you are making it almost guaranteed they will have to finish growing up without you being there. He is our last but damn I appreciate him being with me everyday. I do not love him more than his brother, I just have grown up a little more than when I was 23 and appreciate having a small child more.

This was taken today.

Amen, I miss my boys terribly.I have to stay busy on nights i am off, or i get very very sad. My wife and my boat are great comfort.
hey did you see the cresent moon tonight? tomorrow night i will be on the boat!!!!
keith

Dec 26, 2009
Oday 22 cleveland
Sweet, your'e not going to see that boat on lake weiss.

The niagra? Single deck, maybe 24 guns? What is the flag flow from the forward (main topmast?) Is that a "don't tread on me" flag, or is it a new issue flag.
It's the famous -
"Don't Give Up The Ship !!!!"

Oct 2, 2008
It's the famous -
"Don't Give Up The Ship !!!!"
ok, i had to break down and "google". I was somewhat gratified to find that i had at least read of the battle and had a good idea of what the setting was, I just did not know that the niagra was one of the brigs that participated....cool

One of six warships built to regain control of the upper Great Lakes from the British during the War of 1812, the hastily built Niagara was Commodore Oliver Hazard Perry's relief flagship in the Battle of Lake Erie on September 10, 1813. In this pivotal naval battle the entire British squadron of six warships was captured by Perry's nine ship squadron. Following the battle, Perry sent his classic message of victory, "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." This victory led to the reopening of American supply lines on the upper Great Lakes, removal of the British and Indian threat to the Northwest Territory and improvement of the country's morale.

Keith.

Jan 24, 2005
Oday 222 Dighton, Ma.
I bought a new to me main sail to replace the one I had get destroyed in a wind storm,,, micro burst. Only one year old. Come to find out even though the foot and the luff are exactly the same as the O'Day sail, the leech extends way past the backstay. I am not losing any of the good sailing season to get it re-cut, I will do that in winter. So you are going to see a whole lot of my main reefed at the first reef point this summer and fall.

My wife who has been sailing for 12 years. She will downplay her abilities, but she can damn sure sail.

You're a lucky guy Dave. My wife hates sailing. That's why I bring my dog Penny with me. This summer I'm taking my two grand daughters sailing with me, and this is the only time my wife will want to go on the boat,---as a reluctant guest. :)

RECESS

Dec 20, 2003
You're a lucky guy Dave.
I know it. My friend said he was going to go down to his boat today. We usually go and work at day break to avoid the heat. I installed a new VHF radio, worked on my wiring, and put two more coats of Tung oil on the teak. I think in the picture it is apparent the teak needs it. He was a no show. Last night when he said he was going to be there this morning, his wife shot him a dirty look and said, remember you have a lot to get done around the house. She does not enjoy sailing or the membership to the club. She is my wife's best friend from high school and college room mates. She asked my wife if she enjoyed going to club events (all centered around sailing and club races), my wife said she loves it and the people. She also loves being on the water. She was a daddy's girl and he fished as much as he could, so she grew up on a boat.

Jun 3, 2004
Oday and Catalina O'Day 25 and Catalina 30 Milwaukee
On the mooring!

I finally got a picture up of Hakuna Matata on her mooring. I've been in a couple of weeks and have done a little sailing. I should have gone yesterday because the wind was great. Today there is very little wind, but we will probably head do a little kayaking and maybe motor around a bit just to get on the water. Summer is finally here!

Dave
O'Day 222

Attachments

Jan 24, 2005
Oday 222 Dighton, Ma.
I know it. My friend said he was going to go down to his boat today. We usually go and work at day break to avoid the heat. I installed a new VHF radio, worked on my wiring, and put two more coats of Tung oil on the teak. I think in the picture it is apparent the teak needs it. He was a no show. Last night when he said he was going to be there this morning, his wife shot him a dirty look and said, remember you have a lot to get done around the house. She does not enjoy sailing or the membership to the club. She is my wife's best friend from high school and college room mates. She asked my wife if she enjoyed going to club events (all centered around sailing and club races), my wife said she loves it and the people. She also loves being on the water. She was a daddy's girl and he fished as much as he could, so she grew up on a boat.
All I can say Dave is, "lucky fellow." :D

Jan 24, 2005
Oday 222 Dighton, Ma.
I finally got a picture up of Hakuna Matata on her mooring. I've been in a couple of weeks and have done a little sailing. I should have gone yesterday because the wind was great. Today there is very little wind, but we will probably head do a little kayaking and maybe motor around a bit just to get on the water. Summer is finally here!

Dave
O'Day 222
She looks nice out there Dave! Have a great summer.
Smooth Sailing!
Joe

RECESS

Dec 20, 2003
Yesterday's sailing.

Spent the night on the boat to try and get in some moonlight sailing. Clouded over. Alright, we will get in a morning sail. We woke up to this.

Not a hint of wind! We are going to go to a Kool and the Gang concert and try for another moonlight sail tonight.

RECESS

Dec 20, 2003
I had to filter the photo of the kids. That one got a little white out when taken. Not much of a photoshop artist but I think it is an improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.