• Mobile App For Android Now Online!

Download it here. The app is searchable in the Google Play Store under Sailboat Owners.

Sorry iPhone/iPad users, we are still waiting on Apple. :(

Click the X in the upper right corner to make this go away

Fall Racing on Galveston Bay

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 340 Baytown TX
Link for the video of GBCA Rum Race #8 on Galveston Bay. Really fun downwind leg starts at about 7:40. About forty boats racing, clips from cameras on a Hunter 340 and Hunter 40.

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 340 Baytown TX
There's a race this Sunday we hope to sail in, next week is the first race of the GBCA Fall Series. We have been so very lucky with the pandemic and life events to be able to sail this much in 2020. We've managed to do about a dozen GBCA events and about twenty-five of our Peanut Regattas. The weekly fireworks on the bay in June and July and a couple other similar things were cancelled, so I think we only managed a couple non-race excursions, and on both of those we had a pod of dolphins follow us around. This video is a quick highlight recap of 2020 racing so far.

Last edited:

PaulK

Dec 1, 2009
Tillotson Pearson J/36 Southport, CT
What amounts to our local season ender - the Gearbuster- was last weekend. More than eighty boats in ten classes. Here's a shot of one boat shortly after the start. They're headed out to a lighthouse about 24 miles away, and back. A friend said he hit better than 17 knots. We raced in it last year and got 4th in our division, but sat this one out.

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 340 Baytown TX
What amounts to our local season ender - the Gearbuster- was last weekend. More than eighty boats in ten classes. Here's a shot of one boat shortly after the start. They're headed out to a lighthouse about 24 miles away, and back.
That is awesome video! I would love to film a race like that. I would have probably have sat it out, though. I’ve been caught out on the bay in some bad stuff, but if it’s blowing over 30 knots and I’m still at the dock, I usually won’t leave the dock.

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
We're got two weeks left; our final 'Commodore Cup' distance race this weekend, and then the Frostbite Cup the weekend after. Hopefully most of this will be gone by them.

Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 4.05.53 PM.jpg

May 23, 2016
O'Day 1984 23 Island Park, NY
Our season, such as it was, ended last Sunday... Just in time too as I threw my back out tacking the jib... 6 races scheduled, 5 happened, two firsts, a second and a third...

PaulK

Dec 1, 2009
Tillotson Pearson J/36 Southport, CT
Our season, such as it was, ended last Sunday... Just in time too as I threw my back out tacking the jib... 6 races scheduled, 5 happened, two firsts, a second and a third...
If that's the trend it's probably best to quit while you're ahead...