Ericson 25 Centerboard Plans/Drawings

Apr 21, 2017
Erickson 25 Atlantic City
I need to have a CB built from scratch. I am looking for a diagram/schematic I can use, borrow, or buy. Or possibly come to aE25 with CB and make a template. I have a potential builder. I live in southern NJ, I can travel up to 8 hours. Thanks for any help.

Apr 21, 2017
I member here mentioned a company in Idaho that can make one?? Any idea what company or another company??

JRT

Feb 14, 2017
Catalina 310 211 Lake Guntersville, AL
Hollymae, this is a link to someone who says the Idaho place is no longer in business and seemed to offer questionable product.

http://www.ericson25.com/2013/01/centerboard-construction-part-1.html

svchickadee already pointed you toward probably the only new option (ruddercraft) unless you can find a used one. That said it sure looks like Ericson 25 centerboards are pretty bad and probably all have major issues, especially anyone that is used.

May 8, 2011
ODay 25 Cambridge
Idaho sailor (then) and Rudder Craft (now) are the same business. The website idasailor.com directs to ruddercraft.com. I have a kickup rudder for my oday 25 from rudder craft. It is a reasonably well made product. They may overhype a bit and I would not say that any product they sell is suitable for 'offshore' sailing.

JRT

Feb 14, 2017
Catalina 310 211 Lake Guntersville, AL
Good catch, I'd call them and confirm that the weight of the centerboard is correct too.

Apr 21, 2017
Thanks I am aware of Rudder Craft. I'm not ready to spend $1,000 (plus shipping Idaho to NJ) until I have made sure there is not a used one out there, one that needs repairs or maybe one I can duplicate. I will keep up the hunt.

May 8, 2011
ODay 25 Cambridge
A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush....good luck. Epoxy work is very labor intensive and, therefore, expensive.