- Oct 22, 2014
@buddyshea reading over your thread, two things caught my eye. Not sure but offered here as possible issues.I'm also going to remove the gas and replace with fresh fuel
- Engine runs when not working (in neutral). When load is applied it stalls.
- I added Diesel 911. I read this on line when researching Diesel 911. Treating Your Diesel Fuel Regularly Without Over-Treating - FPPF Chemical
- Assuming you will be removing the fuel in the tank and replacing it with fresh diesel fuel not “gas”
- While you cleaned the “filters and fuel lines on the engine” are the lines from the Racor filter to the tank clear? I found a glob of goo in the 90 degree fitting when cleaning my fuel lines of debris that had developed from bad fuel contamination
- Some boat companies installed screens on their diesel tank pickup tubes. These screens can become partially clogged when under higher fuel demand
- Is there a clogged air filter.