Electric Head conversion

Sep 20, 2006
Hunter 33 Georgian Bay, Ontario, Canada
Hose now comes off toilet and through the wall, runs under cabinet and then under our bed ( short ways ) in aft cabin, into space behind bulkhead where tank is located and goes into the side of the tank at the top. Manual flush will get everything there with a few extra strokes.

I'm not sure I have the space anywhere to run vertical first off toilet unless behind the toilet and would require either splicing or replacing the entire hose again (Raritan Sani-flex 2 yrs ago ) $$$$$

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
If flushes are getting there from your Jabsco manual, they should make it from the Raritan with extra flushing. Get the 3 option flush panel so you can use dry bowl as much as possible to keep the extra flushing from filling up your holding tank. Always follow a dry flush with a short full flush to rinse out the discharge line.

I do wish we'd talked before you bought new hose 'cuz I'd have recommended the loop to provide help from gravity then.

--Peggie

May 24, 2024
Jeanneau 39 Port Dalhousie
Quick question for folks with the Sea Era in question here: can the bowl be rotated 180 so it faces "backwards" over the pump assembly? That's the only way it'll fit in my space without requiring the hoses to stick out as a tripping (and mess) hazard.

The manual says 90 degrees of rotation but I'm not sure if that's meant as increments or a limit on positioning.

Also, since I'm here (and sorry if this is hijacking - thought to keep on topic in the same thread) am I correct in understanding that the Sea Era's integral pump replaces the external pump necessary on the Jabsco quiet flush? And if so, that the vented loop will have to go between seacock and unit (ignoring strainer for now)? And finally, to confirm Peggie's previous point, that I'll need to pick up a three way switch if using raw water intake, but that it will wire acceptably to the Sea Era control harness?

Thank you!!!

Attachments

Last edited:
May 24, 2024
Jeanneau 39 Port Dalhousie
Hmmm maybe answering my own question here, but a 180 degree swivel would result in the water inlet being routed around from between my legs to behind the toilet eh? Somewhat awkward...
Screenshot_20240524_075912.jpg

Sep 20, 2006
Hunter 33 Georgian Bay, Ontario, Canada
Quick question for folks with the Sea Era in question here: can the bowl be rotated 180 so it faces "backwards" over the pump assembly? That's the only way it'll fit in my space without requiring the hoses to stick out as a tripping (and mess) hazard.

The manual says 90 degrees of rotation but I'm not sure if that's meant as increments or a limit on positioning.

Also, since I'm here (and sorry if this is hijacking - thought to keep on topic in the same thread) am I correct in understanding that the Sea Era's integral pump replaces the external pump necessary on the Jabsco quiet flush? And if so, that the vented loop will have to go between seacock and unit (ignoring strainer for now)? And finally, to confirm Peggie's previous point, that I'll need to pick up a three way switch if using raw water intake, but that it will wire acceptably to the Sea Era control harness?

Thank you!!!
Attached is the installation manual, and shows how you can configure the inlet and outlet hoses. Also explains the vented loop. I also had sent an online inquiry to Raritan and had a call from one of the Engineers within a couple of hours, talk about customer service.

The SeaEra pump both pulls water in and sends out the waste. What he was explaining to me that I did not know is the waste hose is always full of waste or water and the switch pushes the bowl contents into the hose. Next flush moves it along the hose.

The Jabsco QF has a pump to put water into the bowl and another pump to empty the bowl.

Attachments

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
The Jabsco QF has a pump to put water into the bowl and another pump to empty the bowl.
That's because the QF uses a remote intake pump.

What he was explaining to me that I did not know is the waste hose is always full of waste or water and the switch pushes the bowl contents into the hose. Next flush moves it along the hose.
That's news to me and I've been trouble shooting Raritan toilets since the SeaEra was still in devopment! I suspect he may be mistaking the "full flush" option on the Marine Elegance 4 option Smart Flush panel...or it just might be possible on your boat with 14' of toilet discharge line that gets -0- help from gravity. 'Cuz except for high end toilets like the Elegance, 6' is about as far any manual or marine toilet can move bowl contents without any help from gravity. Try giving MacCoy a call. He's their senior tech, has been there 20+ years, which is why he's my go-to tech at Raritan...his extension is 6. It may be Tuesday 'cuz we're headed into a 3 day Memorial Day holiday in the US and tech support is likely covered up with calls from boat owners.

--Peggie

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
You may not be aware that the pump/motor assembly doesn't have to come out the back...it can be installed to come out either side of the bowl. The intake vented loop can be installed between the pump and the bowl. It needs to be at least 6-8" above the bowl at max heel, not just when the boat is at rest, which on most sailboats puts it 2-3 feet above the bowl.

Wiring any electric toilet is critical...it must be on its own separate dedicated circuit with its own breaker, shared by nothing else, not even cabin lights, that can reduce power to it 'cuz low voltage will damage the motor.

--Peggie