Easier to replace a Jabsco head than to fix it?

Oct 3, 2014
Marlow-Hunter MH37 Lake City, MN
The simplest solution, which will solve your problem positively in 15 minutes, is to replace the head pump unit. It is about $95 and will basically give you a hew head with an old seat. Really easy.

Not sayin' there aren't better heads. There are. But this is an easy good fix that was not mentioned. Should hold you several years and very hard to do wrong or to get in trouble.

Working on a head does not need to be a messy job, if you flush multiple times first. Really. Same thing with replacing the head. Flush, flush with vinegar and soak, and then flush once more. Easy.
I replaced the head pump unit on my Jabsco once. That lasted almost two years! Enough of that nonsense. I got rid of it and installed a Raritan PH Superflush last fall.

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
+1 for the Raritan PHII.

my old boat had a Jabsco, and I was always messing around with it.

My “new” boat (10 years older than my first boat) has a PHII. I have no idea how old it is or how well it has been maintained. I have owned the boat for about 5 years now, and just this week rebuilt the pump for the first time...and not because there was anything wrong it it...it worked fine. But I was replacing the discharge hose, knew I would replace the joker valve and figured I should do it all at once.

Not hard to rebuild, and I am sure will give me another long time of trouble free use. It is surprising what one of these toilets can dispose of...if you know what I mean.:ass:

Replace the head and be done with it for a long time.

Greg