Dreams Submerged

Gunni

Mar 16, 2010
Beneteau 411 Oceanis Annapolis
Maybe they will take that money and do something more in line with their talents. Like film a documentary while living with Grizzly Bears.
Well, first they have to clear their (sand)bar tab. :)

What would really impress me is if they worked up a plan to have some local guy with a barge crane pull it out at good price, get jobs, pay off their donors, learn the arts of the mariner and get back in the saddle again.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
@Gunni. I like pigs... I wish they could fly... But not bloody likely in my life time... Maybe through the miracle of evolution...
Not holding my breath.

Woke up this morning with a smile and a positive attitude. Just saying.

DArcy

Feb 11, 2017
Islander Freeport 36 Ottawa
They more than cleared their go fund me goal of $10k...
They are at $12,756 right now. I was hoping this experience would teach them to be more cautious and get some training and experience before setting off again but likely it will teach them that being reckless is profitable.

Jul 27, 2011
Bavaria 38E Alamitos Bay
Don't you need to wreck your present boat first in a pathetic attempt to follow your escapist dream w/o preparation?

Oct 22, 2014
I got a cat for you... Free... Well to look at.

Right not what you ment.
Remember it is the thought not the contribution.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2012
Performance Cruising Telstar 28 302 Watkins Glen
The crazy thing about mistakes is you realize the mistake was 5 minutes before you see the consequence.

Sep 25, 2008
Alden 50 Sarasota, Florida
Not to be too cynical but I'd call that a commercial rather than a story.

As I understand it, due to their 'give me' page, they now have more money than they did originally.

JRacer

Aug 9, 2011
Beneteau 310 Cheney KS (Wichita)
Well, as PT Barnum is reported to have once said, "There is a sucker born every minute".

Oct 22, 2014
@JRacer while I agree with your thought the evidence about the origin of the quote does not attribute it to Barnham.

Some sources claim the quote is most likely from famous con-man Joseph ("Paper Collar Joe") Bessimer,[2] and other sources say it was actually uttered by David Hannum, spoken in reference to Barnum's part in the Cardiff Gianthoax.[citation needed] Hannum, who was exhibiting the "original" giant and had unsuccessfully sued Barnum for exhibiting a copy and claiming it was the original, was referring to the crowds continuing to pay to see Barnum's exhibit even after both it and the original had been proven to be fakes.​
It is the thought that counts. ;)