Does anyone have this top plastic piece for a Jabsco manual pump?

Aug 22, 2021
Catalina Yachts 30 Lake Huron
Hello! This plastic top piece off my Jabsco manual pump has a crack (appears to have fallen victim to incomplete winterizing). Does anyone have a old pump laying around that was removed from your head, and are willing to sell this piece at a reasonable price?

Attachments

Apex

Jun 19, 2013
C&C 30 Elk Rapids
I have a non-twist lock type available, pump head only. And entire toilet assembly, with twist-lock. Both used.

Aug 22, 2021
Catalina Yachts 30 Lake Huron
Thanks for the replies guys! Apex, what would you have to have to part with the non-locking pump? I hate the idea of not replacing one small cracked part rather than tossing the whole toilet, but the way the new pump covers are priced is a bit nonsensical too. I would like to keep the locking functionality, but I if a used locking pump cover doesn't present itself I'll entertain the non-locking variety.

Dec 14, 2003
Hunter 34 Lake of Two Mountains, QC, Can
Mooseman the crack could also have been caused by over-tightening. Jabsco sells the complete unit for around $115.00
FYI, I just repaired one of my freshwater tanks by heat welding it with an electric Weller soldering gun. I first opened the crack in a V-shape with a soldering blade, then using the flat blade for cutting rope I actually heated and sealed the crack. Leaking problem was solved ! It worked without leaking all season long. Don't know how long it will last, but until then the money for a new tank stays in my pocket and the trouble of replacing it is postponed ! Of course my tank is hidden away under a settee so the repair is not for anyone to see. Yours will not look as good as a new part but do you really spend anytime admiring it ? And since there is hardly any pressure in that Jabsco pump it might be worth a try before scrapping it. Good luck

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
I first opened the crack in a V-shape with a soldering blade, then using the flat blade for cutting rope I actually heated and sealed the crack. Leaking problem was solved !
I did mine the same, but used a dremel tool to cut the groove. Never leaked since.
Jim...

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
It's not freezing temps that cause damage, it's water trapped in pipes that does because water expands 10% when it freezes. So the top of your pump could not have "have fallen victim to incomplete winterizing" because there's no way that water could have become trapped there. Over-tightened screws are most likely what did it, but so could some "gorilla" pumping...Jabsco uses pretty thin plastic. Replace the pump assembly with a new one!

--Peggie