• On September 1st, Maine Sail suffered a major hemorrhagic stroke. One of the most generous members of our sailing community, he has helped thousands. Now it's our turn. Click here to learn more

Does anyone have this top plastic piece for a Jabsco manual pump?

Aug 22, 2021
Catalina Yachts 30 Lake Huron
Hello! This plastic top piece off my Jabsco manual pump has a crack (appears to have fallen victim to incomplete winterizing). Does anyone have a old pump laying around that was removed from your head, and are willing to sell this piece at a reasonable price?

Attachments

Apex

Jun 19, 2013
C&C 30 Elk Rapids
I have a non-twist lock type available, pump head only. And entire toilet assembly, with twist-lock. Both used.

Aug 22, 2021
Catalina Yachts 30 Lake Huron
Thanks for the replies guys! Apex, what would you have to have to part with the non-locking pump? I hate the idea of not replacing one small cracked part rather than tossing the whole toilet, but the way the new pump covers are priced is a bit nonsensical too. I would like to keep the locking functionality, but I if a used locking pump cover doesn't present itself I'll entertain the non-locking variety.

Dec 14, 2003
Hunter 34 Lake of Two Mountains, QC, Can
Mooseman the crack could also have been caused by over-tightening. Jabsco sells the complete unit for around $115.00
FYI, I just repaired one of my freshwater tanks by heat welding it with an electric Weller soldering gun. I first opened the crack in a V-shape with a soldering blade, then using the flat blade for cutting rope I actually heated and sealed the crack. Leaking problem was solved ! It worked without leaking all season long. Don't know how long it will last, but until then the money for a new tank stays in my pocket and the trouble of replacing it is postponed ! Of course my tank is hidden away under a settee so the repair is not for anyone to see. Yours will not look as good as a new part but do you really spend anytime admiring it ? And since there is hardly any pressure in that Jabsco pump it might be worth a try before scrapping it. Good luck

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
I first opened the crack in a V-shape with a soldering blade, then using the flat blade for cutting rope I actually heated and sealed the crack. Leaking problem was solved !
I did mine the same, but used a dremel tool to cut the groove. Never leaked since.
Jim...

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
It's not freezing temps that cause damage, it's water trapped in pipes that does because water expands 10% when it freezes. So the top of your pump could not have "have fallen victim to incomplete winterizing" because there's no way that water could have become trapped there. Over-tightened screws are most likely what did it, but so could some "gorilla" pumping...Jabsco uses pretty thin plastic. Replace the pump assembly with a new one!

--Peggie