Dinghy engine lifting davit

Mar 27, 2016
Catalina 30 Hingham
Has anyone installed a Garhauer lifting davit engine hoist on a hunter 36 or similar boat ? If so where did you mount it ? Any info would helpful and greatly appreciated

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
We had a motor lift on our H356. I don't remember the brand. It was mounted on the starboard aft cockpit. If I remember correctly it fit in a hole in the transom outside the rails but not on the aft lazzerette lid, of course. I think it was removable or at least part of it was. We used it for a 4 hp 2 cycle. I would have called it factory mounted but I'm not sure it was. I'll look for a picture

Mar 27, 2016
Catalina 30 Hingham
Thanks that the area I thought . And if you find I picture that would be great. Thanks again

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
No pic showing the hoist. But one showing it not being there. So it was removable. I'm thinking now there was some sort of anchor on the aft deck, maybe a ball and a keeper on the rail. The post would be slid thru the keeper and terminate on the anchor.

Mar 20, 2004
Hunter 356 and 216 Portland, ME
garhauer made a nice setup for Escape; radar mast with antennas hoop on top and engine hoist. Well designed, robust and reasonable pricing. We mounted it on the sugar scoop outboard of the starboard stern locker. The pole was supported by the mount on the bottom of the pole - made to swivel if not on a horizontal surface - and a brace to the pushpit railing. fit perfectly, and easy to use the hoist from inside the cockpit. I'll try to find and post picture

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
I did not install a Grahauer engine davit but did install Garhauer dinghy davits on my Hunter 386. It was installed below the gunnel on either side, outside of the pushpit railings and just forward of the stern.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
As far as engine hoists go you have the hoist and how it functions. Then you have how it looks while you are cruising. I find the Swing-lift to be innovative.

The Garhauer
1618071483769.png

Or the Swing-Lift

1618071634489.png

Mar 23, 2020
Hunter 30G Nanaimo
I have snap shackles on the boom vang. I unclip it, then clip it to the end of the boom and use that to lower the motor onto the dinghy. Still have to lift the motor off it’s bracket and into the cockpit, but there is no more precarious balancing act getting it from the deck to the dinghy and again from the dinghy floor to the transom

Apr 4, 2015
Bavaria Vision 42 Campbell River
I have an Ocean Marine Systems motor hoist mounted on the port aft cockpit of our H38. The base plate is screwed into the "deck" just below the waste tank access and supported by attachment to the rear seat rails. It is a model M20;
This is the only picture I have showing it - you can see it behind the life ring as the boat is being lowered back into the water. Works well - I can do the job by myself if necessary although my height helps. I move the dinghy to the rear port side of the boat and swing the motor out, then lower.

kbgunn

Sep 19, 2017
2005 Hunter 33 Lake Lewisville, TX
I bought a 2006 Hunter 38 this winter which has a motor lift davit. I think it is a Kato Marine product.
IMG_0535.JPG

They have pictures of an H36 install on their website:
Hunter36 | Kato Marine