Dinghy Davits Whats the best?

Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
As I said I know many who use the system as Terry cox and I did the same for one season but the down side
was not able to get off the boat with the very nice walk thru transom and not be able to keep the motor on the dinghy and most times when heeling one side would get hit with water and waves.
It is very easy and low $$$$$ for sure compared to the $$$$ of Davits and I even had used weaver davits to secure the dinghy and just wanted to bring attention to some one before adding maybe the weaver davits.
Nick

viper

Jul 31, 2016
Hunter 380 Cape Coral, Fl
Good Points. on boat dragging water when healing over ( unless you have a very small RIB) with a Weaver type set up, not a problem with Power Boat...

Also I'm bow in at Cooper River Marina.. wind up my stern's a$$, waves breaking over stern rub rail... I don't need a stern sail and any water hitting a RIB. Turning on propane, accessing storage in stern is very restricted. And again, taking off and on a 90Lbs motor is no fun...... not really doable w/o a winch of sorts....

Some sort of Davit system seems best.... there are several good choices. Ocean Marine may be the best option for an off the shelf system, designed for Hunters over a decade ago.... Not the heaviest duty, maybe not the cheapest, although all of them when I looked ended up at the same price or more, by the time you add in the "extras".

We have people questioning the strength of their stern rail for holding the engine.... yet 200 +lb people are in the seats connected to that same stern rail... maybe several....

The Ocean Marine added yes about 8 screw holes to by stern area.... Less than the mounts for a cooler bracket on my fore deck.

Regards,
Viper

Jan 12, 2020
bertram bertram 61 florida
Have 2003 356 and went through having a 9'6" Achilles on the front deck and using the spinnaker halyard and rope bridal to lower, was a real pain and kept us from using the dinghy as much. Wife wanted the davits so now we have them.
Also went with Ocean Marine Systems Davits which I recently purchased and installed and are very happy with the result. Makes traveling and using the dinghy much more usable and enjoyable. Got the 6:1 block on the stern/engine side which makes it a breeze. for all kind off boat accessories you can check here Benodigdheden voor maritieme apparatuur

Jun 13, 2004
Hunter 40.5 Hampton,Virginia
On my 40.5 I went with Garhauer and could not be happier. They will build to custom dimensions and are all made of 1 1/4 SS tubing and comes with all hardware. Best price of all I quoted.
001.JPG
004.JPG