Dielectric grease in mast lights plug?

Jul 13, 2010
Precision 23 Perry Hall,Baltimore County
During the recent move from home to the marina the plug wiring in the four prong plug for mast lights into the deck plug separated out if the plug. Brought the plug home, cleaned it up,prepare to reinstall tomorrow. Should I put grease on the wires before inserting them in back of the plug? Should I use it on the 4 round prongs of the deck plug?

Sep 25, 2008
Alden 50 Sarasota, Florida
I've done that for decades on every electrical connection and especially any which are exposed to weather. It's not a panacea but it helps.

Mar 26, 2017
Irwin 38 Palacios
Hey Guys, I am in the Traffic Industry, we install outdoor sensors Along the roadways all over the USA. Cameras, Radars, Lasers, ETC, ETC. Over the years I have seen Di-electric grease make huge differences between service call intervals on all types of equipment. grease the wires, grease the connectors. fill that plug up. Its not going to stop all your issues but it almost aways helps!

Jul 13, 2010
Precision 23 Perry Hall,Baltimore County
Well, worked on lights today, still not finished. Also met some very interesting nieghbors today at the marina, let's see who knows the story behind this old beauty...IMG_20180506_191844129_HDR.jpg
IMG_20180506_191844129_HDR.jpg