Design Specs for Galley shelves and/or cupboards

Apr 19, 2016
Macgregor 26s Otter Bay, Pender Island
Hey everyone, does anyone out there happen to have design specs for shelves and/or cupboards for the galley and the rest of a Macgregor 26? I'd really like to build my own due to the high price of ordering decent shelves and cupboards, and I haven't been able to find any specs online.Thanks

Mar 20, 2012
Cal 34-III, MacGregor 25 Salem, Oregon
when it comes to shelving and modifying, everyone pretty much does their own thing.... almost all secondary woodwork in boats is custom work, fitted in as ordered by a customer..... and stock macgregors, being "affordable boats", have very little woodwork from the factory.
so you will have to look around and get some ideas and then do your own thing to get it the way you want it:biggrin:

Macboy

Aug 8, 2014
Macgregor 26S Sherwood Park, Alberta
Start collecting big pieces of cardboard and you can template anything and everything. Not sure what your wood working skills are but it's pretty easy stuff and even the slightest hint of warm wood finishes inside there make a huge boost to the "hominess". "Homeyness"? You know what I mean.

We built a new table, an overhead shelf that mounts above the galley, a new 'faceplate' for that area above the galley where everyone puts their radios, clocks etc and the super handy stairway table I found on here. Next time I'm at the boat I'll snap some pictures. I just used 3/4 pl, stained and then tung oil to a super rich gloss.

chp

Sep 13, 2010
Hunter 280 hamilton
Check out Sumners mods. I took some of his ideas and made my own adaptations. I made everything out of Mahogany plywood and stained it. There's a lot you can do with these boats to make them more practical and homey.

Nov 19, 2011
MacGregor 26S Hampton, VA
I spent a grand total of $88 bucks to build mine. The most expensive part was the sink which was a high end mixing bowl from bed bath and beyond.

Attachments

Jul 29, 2010
Macgregor 76 V-25 #928 Lake Mead, Nevada
As mentioned, custom interior is just that. I built storage shelves with backrests on boat sides of cabin out of 3.8" mahogany plywood. It's amazing how much loose stuff you can secure this way. Also built a locker for hanging coats etc. in head area. If I ever get the chance to post pics I will. The only man who ever got everything done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe:)