Deck Plate Organizer Sheave Replacement

Nov 16, 2023
Benneteau Oceanis 41 Bellingham
Hi,

My boat is a 2014 Benneteau Oceanis 41. I’ve had the boat for two years and had a maintenance pro do most of the work. Now we’re going cruising and need to step up my skills.

The deck organizer sheaves are shot are both the port and starboard side. I’m pretty sure I can find replacements for just the sheaves. But my question is how to remove the screws holding the organizer in place. I tried removing one screw but it just spins. I’m guessing there is a backplate in the cabin ceiling hidden by the liner. Does one have to remove the liner and if so how is that done?

Thanks in advance,

Nick

Attachments

RitSim

Jan 29, 2018
Beneteau 411 Branford
My organizer also needs attention the screws on deck turn but do not tighten. I think I've seen a thread somewhere on this and it involved removing the headliner. The liner easily comes down- start at the outside and remove the hidden screws and the first panel. After that each panel is screwed. I'll keep following to see what others say.

Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
On my Beneteau, there are panels that are attached to the interior headliner that provide access to the thru bolts that attach deck mounted hardware. Simply removing the indicated headliner should provide necessary access without disturbing the headliner. Disappointing that the sheaves are “shot” after nine years.

Nov 21, 2007
Beneteau Oceanis 34 Kingston, WA
Different years, or model runs, may have different methods of attaching the organizer, and access may not be easy. If you have an account and access to the Beneteau parts diagrams for your model then it should provide at least a clue as to how the organizer is installed. I have a 2014 Oceanis 34, and there is no thru bolt into the cabin, or access via a headliner. On my build there is an embedded barrel nut, which was not properly bedded in epoxy and it stripped out the supporting core in the deck. You may be better off having your maintenance pro take on this repair. I did my own, but it was a bit of a nail biting DIY all the way to the point when I finished the installation.

Here is my thread on the repair.

Here is a screen shot from when I was searching for the part. It's item #15 on the drawing.
Parts explosion.png

[Edit: Rephrased "...or access..."]

Last edited:

NYSail

Jan 6, 2006
Beneteau 423 Mt. Sinai, NY
On my 423 the headliner in the cabin comes off easily (so I hear). Bolt access is there.

Good Luck
Greg